"Showoff Mode" - True Always-On Display (not dimmed white clock)

forkee

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
After a couple of days of tinkering, I have found a way to have the watch face always on. I'm not talking about the dim lit preview watch face that is the default "always on" mode. I mean full color watch face continuously on. Granted this will eat away at your battery life (~4-6 hours only) but if you really want to show it off and let it shine for a short while, then this is for you! :p

1) Download "Simple Flashlight" from samsung gear apps. It's free.
2) Enable it on the watch. The screen will turn bright white.
3) Press the home button to go back to your watch face. Make sure it's the bottom home button NOT the upper back button.

That's it! The "always on" coding from the flashlight app will keep your screen on. To turn it off, go to "recent apps", and close the "Simple Flashlight" app.

This should also work with similar apps that force the screen to stay on, but the flashlight app was the first one i tried.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If anyone comes up with a way to do this with an app that will let the battery last 16-18 hours, please post.

For me, the way the wake-up gesture works is not acceptable. I often have to give my arm an almost violent shake to wake up the watch face. Not good, for several reasons. There should be a way to adjust the wake-up sensitivity to the way an individual uses the watch.

luisrcastillo

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
If anyone comes up with a way to do this with an app that will let the battery last 16-18 hours, please post.

For me, the way the wake-up gesture works is not acceptable. I often have to give my arm an almost violent shake to wake up the watch face. Not good, for several reasons. There should be a way to adjust the wake-up sensitivity to the way an individual uses the watch.
I'm surprised you have this issue because I find mine pretty sensitive, sometimes I would say too sensitive. I've seen a few people complaining in the forums that they want less sensitivity.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised you have this issue because I find mine pretty sensitive, sometimes I would say too sensitive. I've seen a few people complaining in the forums that they want less

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yes, I've seen some comments to that effect, too. Makes me wonder if maybe I just got a bad unit.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to send mine back as defective. Will probably wait until the Classic is available to replace it, that's the one I originally wanted anyway.

blynott

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestions for a watch face that uses the least amount of energy? I guess that one with a dark background would be best.