Who here is keeping their Gear S2?

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. It's definitely not a perfect watch but name one that is. I feel Samsung kinda mislead us tho, telling us alot of apps would be ready on day 1. I'm willing to wait it out. The thing I love the most about this watch is the look. I too wanted the classic but after 3 days I'm glad I got this sport. I'm trying to get in shape and I can't see me jogging with a hunk of 46 mm metal on my wrist.

The battery is great even tho I don't see me getting 2-3 days as advertised. It's 10:30 pm and I still have 40% left! I feel like I can confidently get through the day and today I think my Note 5 had more battery life since I was checking notifications on the watch. That's the thing that I was looking for most since I can't swap the battery out of my Note now.

At the end of the day, the pros are out weighing the cons so I'm gonna ride it out...

Posted via the Android Central App

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Gone back already as it does not support watchmaker app which is a must for me. Picked up Huawei watch.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. I enjoy the experience more than AW. I understand your concern over S-voice but I never used Google now on my 360 so no biggie. The bezel, screen and size are what makes it a winner to me.

Some said its just different not better, I disagree. The bezel is a huge change that adds great function and improved experience. I also like that when I feel a notification come in I lift my wrist and it shows me the notification without touching the watch and I put my wrist down and the watch turns off.

I'm sure I'll get another AW down the road but for now I'm loving the Gear S2.

Sent from one of my many devices.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Keeping mine. While the moto 360 looks nicer, after playing around with it I wasn't super impressed. The screen doesn't seem really responsive. The s2 I love the bezel and it makes it so much easier and overall I think the watch performs better than the moto 360 2. The s2 was easier to use I think and runs smoother and less lag.

luisrcastillo

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Keeping mine. While the moto 360 looks nicer, after playing around with it I wasn't super impressed. The screen doesn't seem really responsive. The s2 I love the bezel and it makes it so much easier and overall I think the watch performs better than the moto 360 2. The s2 was easier to use I think and runs smoother and less lag.
I definitely agree with your comments. I exchanged my S2 for a 360 V2 and it lags really bad. I have never seen a smartwatch as smooth and responsive as the S2. This 360 is going back. I am regretting returning the S2

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
"... sometimes I have to do a rough flick just to wake the screen. At this point, I'm just wondering if I have a bad unit."

Luis,

I had the same problem, but others here were seeing the exact opposite, that the screen was waking up too easily. I sent mine back to Amazon, hoping that I just got a bad unit.

For the most part, I like the watch and probably would have kept it. I've "pre-ordered" the Classic, and hope to get one that works acceptably for me.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The bezel is simply amazing. I probably have ocd to an extent, and turning the bezel back and forth between notificatione on the left through the watch face and all my 8 widget screens is fun, and a really great way to access the info on all those widgets.

My two biggest concerns with the current sw is that some sort of notification indicator isn't present on the ambient screen, and it really needs a MUCH larger Large font. Notifications, in general are really easy to use, but if you miss one when it comes in, it can be very easy to forget or not know about it. And since text flows so nicely with flicking or using the bezel, no reason not to allow Huge and Ginormous font sizes.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. I enjoy the experience more than AW. I understand your concern over S-voice but I never used Google now on my 360 so no biggie. The bezel, screen and size are what makes it a winner to me.

Some said its just different not better, I disagree. The bezel is a huge change that adds great function and improved experience. I also like that when I feel a notification come in I lift my wrist and it shows me the notification without touching the watch and I put my wrist down and the watch turns off.

I'm sure I'll get another AW down the road but for now I'm loving the Gear S2.

Sent from one of my many devices.

Yes I agree completely. I like the Gear S2 quite a bit. It's an enormous improvement over my Moto 360. I love the display and the battery life, and the bezel UI. I never talk to my watch anyway either, so none of that is an issue.

Super happy with the S2 so far.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The bezel is simply amazing. I probably have ocd to an extent, and turning the bezel back and forth between notificatione on the left through the watch face and all my 8 widget screens is fun, and a really great way to access the info on all those widgets.

My two biggest concerns with the current sw is that some sort of notification indicator isn't present on the ambient screen, and it really needs a MUCH larger Large font. Notifications, in general are really easy to use, but if you miss one when it comes in, it can be very easy to forget or not know about it. And since text flows so nicely with flicking or using the bezel, no reason not to allow Huge and Ginormous font sizes.

All true, I agree. I wish the font was bigger myself in spots.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, how's your 360 performing? I exchanged my S2 for the 46mm 360 and I'm finding it lags very often which is annoying, especially after such smooth experience with the S2. Also, I find the wake up gesture not working as good as I'd expect, meaning sometimes I have to do a rough flick just to wake the screen. At this point, I'm just wondering if I have a bad unit.

One thing I really liked on the S2 that AW doesn't have is that the watch went to sleep as soon as I put my wrist down where with AW I have to wait for the timeout.

I think Samsung needs to learn a few things from AW and Google needs to learn a few from Samsung.

It's performing really well. I'm coming from the original 360 and the new one is definitely quicker in all things. The lift to wake is more accurate, the screen is better, animations are smoother and it's quicker to move through your cards. That being said, it's not as fast and smooth as the S2, which is one thing I do love about the S2. UI is amazing. I'm going to give the S2 a few more days and see how it goes, there is so much that is great about it, but there are just some really noticeable flaws. The Moto 2 is definitely going to stay though.

luisrcastillo

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
It's performing really well. I'm coming from the original 360 and the new one is definitely quicker in all things. The lift to wake is more accurate, the screen is better, animations are smoother and it's quicker to move through your cards. That being said, it's not as fast and smooth as the S2, which is one thing I do love about the S2. UI is amazing. I'm going to give the S2 a few more days and see how it goes, there is so much that is great about it, but there are just some really noticeable flaws. The Moto 2 is definitely going to stay though.
Thanks for the reply and glad the 360 is working out for you. Mine was just a complete mess and too much unbearable lag to justify the price so it is going back

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine went back the first day i picked it up from bestbuy. It felt small and not really as functional as I thought it would be coming from the OG S watch. I think I will see how the LG Watch Urbane 2 LTE will be instead. Or I may just checkout of the android ecosystem all together. I think the smaller screen is what has done it in for me.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and glad the 360 is working out for you. Mine was just a complete mess and too much unbearable lag to justify the price so it is going back

Wow, that's really unfortunate! And kind of surprising that it's that bad. Just out of curiosity, which phone are you using with it and do you have a ton of apps on the watch? Wondering if that would make a difference?

luisrcastillo

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's really unfortunate! And kind of surprising that it's that bad. Just out of curiosity, which phone are you using with it and do you have a ton of apps on the watch? Wondering if that would make a difference?
I have a note 5. On the watch, there were maybe 6 or 7 third party apps. I actually removed a lot of stuff I had on my old gear live to start fresh but that didn't really help.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Been wearing both the S2 and Gear Fit side by side for 8 hours. S2 has registered 2161 steps and Fit 3031. Fit has always been more conservative than my AW Gear Live, so I'm guessing Gear Live would be at 3500. S2 does ok if you're continually walking, but misses most all steps from couch to bathroom, from bathroom to kitchen, etc. Definitely something to keep in mind. Wonder what is the best method to get someone at Samsung with ability to recognize this should be adjusted?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine went back the first day i picked it up from bestbuy. It felt small and not really as functional as I thought it would be coming from the OG S watch. I think I will see how the LG Watch Urbane 2 LTE will be instead. Or I may just checkout of the android ecosystem all together. I think the smaller screen is what has done it in for me.

That is what I am sticking with my Gear S.. The screen on the S2 should have been bigger. My sport chrongraph watch is bigger.. They could have made the S2 about 20% bigger, and they would have pulled in a lot more people on board. But, they went backwards a 1/2 inch... :(

forkee

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
for those that are returning their s2's to best buy, did they give any stink face when you gave it back especially since it is open and used? what reason did you give?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers