When will the S2 3G come out

magnus303

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for options on a standalone smartwatch. (Make calls without phone)

What I have seen:
Gear S
Gear S2 - 3g version. Anyone know when it will come out? (Nov 15?)
Tinitell
BURG12
LG Watch Urbane LTE
Omate TrueSmart
There are some additional low end watches I have seen. But no major companies.

Anyone know if the Moto 360 will be coming out with a standalone version? That would be great.

Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 does not look like it is standalone.
Asus ZenWatch 2 does not look like it is standalone. Bummer, cause it looks nice.
Sony SmartWatch 3 and 4 does not look like it is standalone.

Anyone now of any major companies coming out with standalone devices?

Where are people buying the Gear S? Not on contract.
Amazon the only safe place?

ori11

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
On the Verizon preorder site, it says deliver by Nov 5th. If Sprint doesn't carry it, I'm planning on getting it at Verizon. If it's like the the older Gear, one can still talk through the watch without a data plan.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

beinghuman4

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
On the Verizon preorder site, it says deliver by Nov 5th. If Sprint doesn't carry it, I'm planning on getting it at Verizon. If it's like the the older Gear, one can still talk through the watch without a data plan.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Can you get verizon without the plan. I tried to pre-order with full price and it asked me to get 30 dollar min data plan + 5 dollar for the watch plan...

Any easy way out? I don't hv verizon service and not planning to verizon either...

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon won't sell you one directly without a plan (maybe try going to a store), you will probably be able to get one on ebay at some point, and just don't activate it.

Has it been established that the 3g version of the s2 has the same functionality as the gear s and earlier gear models such that it can act as a BT speakerphone for the smartphone (when in BT range)? I'm assuming so, but then I had assumed the non 3g version would have the speakerphone capability and I was surprised when it didn't. I'm not trying to start a rumor, I just don't know either way and I'm curious since removing that function from the S2 seemed so backwards to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol