Why can't I answer calls on my Gear S2?

tazl

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
gear s2 - cannot answer calls at gear s2

hi!
I have problem with my gear s2 - connected to my LG g3.
suddenly when i have incoming call - i cannot answer call at the watch.
that means that when i have incoming call - i dont have the green slider to answer calls! just dissapeared...
the red slider is there but not the green answering slider key.
I tried to reset the gear s2 and the gear application at phone but it doesnt help.
any suggestion?
thanks.
taz

Jazu79

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: gear s2 - cannot answer calls at gear s2

I think Samsung has disabled many features from Non-Samsung phone users, and this is only one of those.
Don't have any Samsung phones to check it out (and will not have, because of their lousy UI), but in youtube videos I can see much more features and programs in the device than I have with my Xperia Z2..

e.g. I can't see any paid apps in the store. They promised ~1000apps when it is launched, and I can only see 126 free watch faces and about 80 apps, where maybe 5 are usable.

tazl

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

thanks. but i think its not the problem.
the reason is that i had the answer slider before and its just dissapeared,,
i think its something with software conjuction or bug in the s2 software.
taz

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm using a Nexus 5 and have never had the green slider. I'd like it out of habit because my android wear has it, even though with either I cannot actually talk to person through watch. Just buys me a couple of seconds while I'm fumbling to get to my phone. Unless you have paired the S2 with a Samsung phone initially, not sure how anyone without a Samsung phone has had the green slider.

h2osun

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm using a Nexus 5 and have never had the green slider. I'd like it out of habit because my android wear has it, even though with either I cannot actually talk to person through watch. Just buys me a couple of seconds while I'm fumbling to get to my phone. Unless you have paired the S2 with a Samsung phone initially, not sure how anyone without a Samsung phone has had the green slider.
This is a huge deal. I am getting a nexus 6p and want to use this watch with it. If it is not fully compatible, then I am returning it.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

This is a huge deal. I am getting a nexus 6p and want to use this watch with it. If it is not fully compatible, then I am returning it.
It is definitely not compatible as far as the green call answer slider. Also don't have access to full text app (can reply to text notifications only), and don't have access to paid apps in the Samsung Gear Apps store. Those are the three things off the top of my head that are missing by not using Samsung phone on the non-3g models.

h2osun

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

It is definitely not compatible as far as the green call answer slider. Also don't have access to full text app (can reply to text notifications only), and don't have access to paid apps in the Samsung Gear Apps store. Those are the three things off the top of my head that are missing by not using Samsung phone on the non-3g models.
Do you have a non 3g version? I hate to say it, but you may have been mis
informed regarding your purchase. The 3g version is supposed to be supported by any android using kit Kat.
So it can only acknowledge the call, not answer, or talk.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a non 3g version? I hate to say it, but you may have been mis
informed regarding your purchase. The 3g version is supposed to be supported by any android using kit Kat.
So it can only acknowledge the call, not answer, or talk.
I have the non-3g version. I wasn't misinformed, I was just informing tazl to the limitations of the non-3g version. I'm a little confused, cause it was you who said it was a huge deal if it wasn't fully compatible with your forthcoming nexus 6p. Again, I stated I was talking about the non-3g version. The 3g version should be far more compatible.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

hi!
I have problem with my gear s2 - connected to my LG g3.
suddenly when i have incoming call - i cannot answer call at the watch.
that means that when i have incoming call - i dont have the green slider to answer calls! just dissapeared...
the red slider is there but not the green answering slider key.
taz

I had exactly the same problem. I had the green slider at some point because I remember seeing it but on the last call I got, I only had the red slider. I didn't update the watch or anything.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a 6P. I only get the red slider. (non-3G Gear S2) But as I previously stated, I did get the green slider at one point using my LG G3. Now I don't know if the green slider disappeared because I got a new phone or it disappeared while I had the LG G3. I didn't pay close enough attention. Sorry. :(

As for having the green slider at all... I guess I don't miss it because I don't want to answer my phone when I don't physically have the phone in my hand. I see the point though that someone made where it could give you an extra few seconds to get your phone out ---- still, not for me. Red slider alone is fine.

tazl

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

so after im reading what PAULQ said - i think that it must be a bug in the software or something like that.
both of us had the green slider and he dissapeared,
this feature is most important when you use the watch in joging.
meanwhile, i called samsung service - they dont know nothing about it,, they ask me to send the watch for them so the technichian can find out the problem..
i ask about the LG G3 compatibility and they said that it should be a problem..
so.. hope more users will have those problems so they make an update,,
taz

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I can't debate that you guys said you had the green slider and now it disappeared, all I can say is that the only phones that officially support that (and email and full texting, and paid apps) are the most recent Samsung phones.

h2osun

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

So i got my Nexus 6p... And the connection and functions with my gear s2 are great. I know i had issues previously with having had a rooted phone... So my question to those with issues is whether or not you are rooted?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc