AT&T Number Synch

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My AT&T Gear S2 3g works great, but would be much more useful if AT&T would enable Number Sync so I can use my phone or Gear interchangeably. Several Calls to the Death Star have produced zero information on when Number Sync will go live.
Just a shot, but does anybody here have any info and or semi-confirmed rumors as to when Number Sync will be available?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Called myself earlier today, seems like they're having some issues with it coming online and there is NO set date, but a possibility of it happening before the end of thhe year

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Called myself earlier today, seems like they're having some issues with it coming online and there is NO set date, but a possibility of it happening before the end of thhe year

I was on the phone with Tech support this past Saturday discussing the call forwarding issue I have with the Note 4/s2, trying to decide if I was going to keep it past the 14 day period. Then she brought up the number sync issue. She said it was coming out in December and was trying to find the info on when it was scheduled officially but couldn't find it while I was on the call. She was really excited about it and said I wouldn't have to worry about the call forwarding once we get the number sync. I hope it comes to pass. She was the one that brought it up and was so convincing that I decided to keep the watch. We shall see.

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I was on the phone with Tech support this past Saturday discussing the call forwarding issue I have with the Note 4/s2, trying to decide if I was going to keep it past the 14 day period. Then she brought up the number sync issue. She said it was coming out in December and was trying to find the info on when it was scheduled officially but couldn't find it while I was on the call. She was really excited about it and said I wouldn't have to worry about the call forwarding once we get the number sync. I hope it comes to pass. She was the one that brought it up and was so convincing that I decided to keep the watch. We shall see.

Looking forward to it too, that was the deciding decision to get the S2 and sell my original Gear S.
I don't have a problem with getting my calls forwarded to my S2 now.
1) Within the S2 their is a feature that automatically forwards your calls, texts and email notifications to your phone with no problem.
2) As with the original Gear S, but in the phone settings I manually inputted my Gear's phone number in the call forwarding section.
And in my Gear manually forwarded my calls to my voice mail if I didn't answer my Gear.
The only difference if you do the latter you won't get any notifications, but you will get your calls regardless.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Looking forward to it too, that was the deciding decision to get the S2 and sell my original Gear S.
1) Within the S2 their is a feature that automatically forwards your calls, texts and email notifications to your phone with no problem.
2) As with the original Gear S, but in the phone settings I manually inputted my Gear's phone number in the call forwarding section.
And in my Gear manually forwarded my calls to my voice mail if I didn't answer my Gear.
The only difference if you do the latter you won't get any notifications, but you will get your calls regardless.

In #2 how do you set your Gear to transfer unanswered calls to your phones voice mail. When I am in stand alone and a call is forwarded to my Gear, if I don't answer it the call goes to my Gears voice box.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
In #2 how do you set your Gear to transfer unanswered calls to your phones voice mail. When I am in stand alone and a call is forwarded to my Gear, if I don't answer it the call goes to my Gears voice box.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

I use YouMail voicemail service, but if you know your voicemail number to your phone, you can try this:

Dial this code: *61*1112223333#
Then dial this code: *62*1112223333#
Then dial this code: *67*1112223333#
Dial exactly as shown above just as if you are making a call.

Input your phone's voicemail number (1112223333)

Or just try this:

Dial this code: *004*1234566481#
Dial exactly as shown above just as if you are making a call.

Don't forget any * or # symbols!

Please do not try forwarding over WIFI Calling. If it fails you need to call your carrier to get their codes for call forwarding.

P.S. There's a good chance in order for this to work that your S2 number should be the outgoing number and NOT your cell's number. In order to do this, turn off the Bluetooth off on your phone.

Last edited:

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
After doing some further testing, you don't have to do nothing special to get your calls forwarded to your S2, in the watch settings in, Call settings just make sure that your auto call forwarding is turned on. Turn Off the bluetooh settings in your phone and you'll see in a minute that your S2 will go into standalone mode.

On your S2, when it's awake and you're looking at the screen, just swipe down from the top and this will show you how you're connected. You should notice that you're WiFi is turned on, when connected remotely. This is the part I like about the S2, because it automatically connects to saved WiFi connections you already have on your phone.

Call your phone and let it ring, eventually your S2 should start ringing after your phone stops ringing. Your voicemail should've been set to go back to your phone's voicemail number if unanswered.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
It seems like the directions above are to set up call forwarding, I can get my phone to forward calls to my Gear, my problem is when I do not answer my Gear the call then goes to my Gears voice mail. I want it to go to my phones voice mail. Can this be done? Or did I miss understand your directions.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the directions above are to set up call forwarding, I can get my phone to forward calls to my Gear, my problem is when I do not answer my Gear the call then goes to my Gears voice mail. I want it to go to my phones voice mail. Can this be done? Or did I miss understand your directions.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

And that is why those instructions are to forward calls from your Gear to your voicemail number of your phone. If you don't know your number to access your voicemails from your phone, you need to call your provider.

Those instructions are meant to be done on your Gear and not on your phone. And that's why I use YouMail service to where regardless of either device, I have only 1 voicemail number and had my voicemail service from my provider turned off.

Last edited:

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I understand now. Thanks for the directions. I will call my provider to get my voice mail number.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My phone voice mail phone number is in my Phone app call log on my BT S2. If you don't see it in yours, call your vm from your phone, and then check your call log on the S2. You have to tap the entry to see the phone number. At least I can see mine. I can also find it in my phone settings on my Nexus 5.

Master Cole

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Good info cause I too am having issues with my primary phone number's voicemail not picking up when I'm using my Gear2.

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I've noticed that my setting up the auto forwarding then resets the forwarding I have setup to goto Google Voice for my voicemail. Unfortunately no one knows my Google voice number so I would hate to give them all a new number. Wish I could figure out how to get all devices to ring from people dialing my cell that forwards to my Google Voice number.

Master Cole

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a question about Lollipop 5.0 or 5.1. I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527. Recently purchased the Gear S2 eagerly anticipating the release of number sync. It is now here but the feature cannot be activated due to the fact that my phone does not support HD voice. If I'm understanding correctly, if somehow I can upgrade my phone to one of the Lollipop versions, will this upgrade give my Mega 6.3 the HD voice capability?

Haven't heard of any OTA updates for Lollipop for the Mega 6.3 from AT&T. Will I have to root my phone and then download Lollipop myself? If so then what is the most trusted and functional rooting process? I hear of Kingroot but am unsure for security purposes. I will also have to find a downloadable file of Lollipop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2