New owner - S2 Classic feature questions

A

AC Question

Searched here and in the manual but can't find the answer.
Vibrate - the S2 doesn't vibrate at ALL. Not for messages, incoming calls, noting. It DID vibrate once yesterday on an incoming call - after it had rung on my phone (Samsung Alpha) 4 times, I had answered, and was talking. The manual instructs me to
On the Settings screen, tap Vibration
Intensity - Adjust the intensity of the vibration notification.
Long buzz - Increase the duration of the vibration.

That's it. Did that.
------------------------

Alarm - how do I set time? Default time (I think) shows 6:00 AM with the '6' blinking. How do I change the alarm time?

Taking it to my nearest Best Buy isn't a realistic option - 1:20 drive one way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a Galaxy S II phone, right? Not a Galaxy Tab S2?

Does the phone vibrate when you first power it on, when you see the Samsung logo on the bootscreen? If not, it's possible the vibration motor has failed. Considering it's the only other moving part in the phone besides the autofocus mechanism, failure is not that rare.

A

AC Question

Sorry to start a new question but the web site won't let me respond.
S2 vibrates on startup.
A couple of questions. Will the S2 vibrate if the samsung phone gives a tone?
Will the S2 vibrate if I use an app other than default (e.g., Handcent vs. Messages)?
Bonus: I've registered - how do I sign in to post? I see no "sign in."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Merged threads, and now I realize you're talking about the Gear S2, not the old Galaxy S II phone. (Samsung devices are getting very confusing--there's the Galaxy S II phone, the Galaxy Tab S2, and the Galaxy Gear S2. :confused: )

I don't have any Gear experience, sorry! Hopefully someone else can give you a good answer.

If you're on the main desktop AC forums site, click on the hamburger menu at the upper left of the screen to log in.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Searched here and in the manual but can't find the answer.
Vibrate - the S2 doesn't vibrate at ALL. Not for messages, incoming calls, noting. It DID vibrate once yesterday on an incoming call - after it had rung on my phone (Samsung Alpha) 4 times, I had answered, and was talking. The manual instructs me to
On the Settings screen, tap Vibration
Intensity - Adjust the intensity of the vibration notification.
Long buzz - Increase the duration of the vibration.

That's it. Did that.
------------------------

Alarm - how do I set time? Default time (I think) shows 6:00 AM with the '6' blinking. How do I change the alarm time?

Taking it to my nearest Best Buy isn't a realistic option - 1:20 drive one way.

You stopped at Long Buzz, did you continue down to Notifications? This shoukd be durned on.

To change the alarm time rotate the beezle.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Some people, like me, feel that the watch doesn't vibrate strongly enough. Is it possible that you're just not noticing it?

Try sending yourself a text, so you'll know when it's supposed to vibrate. I did that and found myself thinking, "Oh, they call THAT a vibration?"

assumedname

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
If I understand you correctly,
I have no Settings>Notification
I select Settings>Vibration>Long Buzz. With long buzz highlighted, I turn the bezel. Nothing.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
If I understand you correctly,
I have no Settings>Notification
I select Settings>Vibration>Long Buzz. With long buzz highlighted, I turn the bezel. Nothing.

To set the vibration setting go to Vibration then scroll down to Notification, its past the Long Buzz.

Turn the bezel to set the alarm.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

assumedname

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
And a followup. Once I've set an alarm, how do I turn it off. WHen the alarm goes off, I get a screen showing an alarm clock with the time below it. On the left is a read area with an 'x' - touching it does nothing. On the right is an area with "zz' - touching it does initiates snooze, but I can't KILL the alarm.