What's the fastest way to make a call on the Samsung Gear S2?

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Go to apps. Set up buddies so as not to have use dial pad for most frequently call 11 numbers. If dial pad is a must go to apps, tap phone icon and then tap green dial icon on top right of watch face which will launch a rotary dial-er. (Hmmm, whatever will millennials do having to use a rotary dial)?

Good luck,

Pete

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
From the watchface, you can swipe right once and you'll see 4 shortcuts, with "S-Voice" being the one at the 9-o'colck position. If you press and hold the icon, a "-" will show up on all 4. I deleted the S-Voice shortcut and added, in its place, the "Phone" icon. So now, to place a call, from the watchface, swipe right, tap "Phone" and dial the numbers.

Grifter3000

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
When it calls you still have to use your phone to speak and hear the call, right? I'm a little surprised the Gear 2 has more functionality than the Gear S2 - phone (DickTracy style) and camera.

Grifter3000

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
You can make and receive calls on the S2 3g model.

Posted via the Android Central App

Got it. So the S2 3G model has a speaker that the Bluetooth model doesn't have, I take it? It's a shame because the Gear 2 was a Bluetooth device and could make and receive calls, so I'm not sure why they cut that feature from the S2.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
The gear s2 3g one u call and talk from your watch even if u leave your phone at home no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clairvoyant

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The way I use is by making a shortcut for double-click home button at the 5'o clock position.

Settings > Device > Double Press Home - Select Phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis