Does the S2 work with Android tablets?

h0ax

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested in this watch but don't have an Android phone. I'm mainly interested in using the watch as a standalone device. I read Android is required to complete the initial setup before it can be used in standalone mode. Can an Android tablet be used to perform this setup, assuming it meets the minimum requirements? Or does it need to be paired with a phone?

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in this watch but don't have an Android phone. I'm mainly interested in using the watch as a standalone device. I read Android is required to complete the initial setup before it can be used in standalone mode. Can an Android tablet be used to perform this setup, assuming it meets the minimum requirements? Or does it need to be paired with a phone?

2Gear S2 4G connectivity refers to the use of HSPA+ voice and data networks.
3Samsung Gear S2 is a companion device for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Network coverage not available everywhere and requires a qualifying wireless plan. Consult your carrier for details.
4Initial pairing with compatible phone required. Standalone capability functions limited if paired device is not powered on and connected to carrier network.

Last edited: