Gear S2 not connecting for me and a few other customers

plaasapie

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I, like quite a few other customers here where I live, received gear s2's for christmas but none of us can connect them to our smart phones

When I took mine back to the shop the retailer managed to connect the S2 Gear to his phone, yet it won't connect to mine (S4), nor my wife's (S5) both of which are completely updated. Other customer's were in the shop complaining of the same issue, some had newer samsung phones and none of them could connect. Yet the retailer's phone could connect to all of the gear S2's.

We're all stuck and the issue doesn't seem to be very common when looking online.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I, like quite a few other customers here where I live, received gear s2's for christmas but none of us can connect them to our smart phones

When I took mine back to the shop the retailer managed to connect the S2 Gear to his phone, yet it won't connect to mine (S4), nor my wife's (S5) both of which are completely updated. Other customer's were in the shop complaining of the same issue, some had newer samsung phones and none of them could connect. Yet the retailer's phone could connect to all of the gear S2's.

We're all stuck and the issue doesn't seem to be very common when looking online.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What version of the S2?
One is the classic (Bluetooth Only), the other version is connected via carrier (3G/4G)

Posted via the Android Central App

amberstatt2

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
did anyone solve this?? i have now bought 2 watches thinking i had a faulty watch as it wouldn't connect to 2 of my phones after the last update... worked fine til then... now i have 2 watches that won't connect to 2 phones!!!!!! and the minute you download the gear app the phone lags and freezes... the minute it is downloaded!!!! can someone help as we don't have a samsung fix it place here in WA - I have spent $1000 and nothing works!!!!!

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
did anyone solve this?? i have now bought 2 watches thinking i had a faulty watch as it wouldn't connect to 2 of my phones after the last update... worked fine til then... now i have 2 watches that won't connect to 2 phones!!!!!! and the minute you download the gear app the phone lags and freezes... the minute it is downloaded!!!! can someone help as we don't have a samsung fix it place here in WA - I have spent $1000 and nothing works!!!!!

I had severe issues after the last update, including not being able to connect to Note 5. What I did to get around this was leave the gear manager app on my phone. Disconnect the Gear from IT. Do a light reset on the gear s2. After that, hook both the phone and watch up to power. Open the gear manager on the phone, find the watch and then let it do a reinstall with current settings. Took HOURS but finally worked...btw, it took me like 3 tries to finally get it to work. Now works great....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress