So how do I...?

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the S2 for 5 hours, and have everything figured out EXCEPT:

How do I transfer my on-board, downloaded-to-my phone Google Music songs to my S2? They are in the wrong folder on the phone, and are numbered -- no song names!

There are thousands of them. I would like to be able to listen to 100 or so of them on my S2, independent of my phone -- but the S2 appears to only be able to look in one folder for music.

Help!

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
One solution might be to use the app available on the Gear store called "Filesmaster," which allows you to transfer files to the watch. (Once installed on both watch and phone, Filesmaster appears as an option under Send to when you select files with a file browser on the phone.) Also, there might be a music player that allows Google Music (and thus Samsung Gear phone app) to "see" your files; Podcast addict does that for me with podcasts, even though they are not stored in the Music folder. And finally, you could move your phone's music files into the appropriate Music folder.

Good luck, and enjoy.

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had this some problem when wanting to use the TW stock music app with S Health. I had to download the music to my laptop from the playstore and transfer them to my phone's music directory on my SD card. I don't have a ton of music so it wasn't much of an issue for me. 1K+ songs...that might be a different story.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is how I worked around this infuriatingly ridiculous problem:

It was a slow day at my business (persistent cold rain does that when you own an island hotel! lol), so I connected my Galaxy S5 phone to my Windoze computer, accessed the SD card (where all of my music is stored), listened to a few seconds of each unlabeled song, decided if I wanted it on my watch, and then copied it into the proper directory on my phone's internal storage drive. The ONLY location the watch can access.

All because the Gear S2 is unable to "see" any other storage location. How idiotic is THAT?

Thoughts:

1. Samsung needs to modify the S2's music app so you can retrieve your music files from any directory on your cell phone -- including the SD card. This app should never have been released without that capability.

2. It's amazing how you can listen to the first 10 seconds of the songs in your music collection, and instantly know the artist and song title. If only this memory trick could be applied to other parts of my life! lol

Anyway, I now have 50 of my favorite songs on my S2 -- enough to get me through any lawn mowing job.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci