Gear S2 apps?

mikesaa309

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've read the sticky on apps that work with the gear S2 but I'm just wondering what other apps are available free and paid. I'm waiting for my Gear S2 classic to arrive in the post and my only concern is lack of apps though the only other smart watch I've owned is a Sony smart watch MN2 so S2 can't be much worse.

Also what games are available? I only know of a flappy birds type game. On my Sony watch I could get snake and tetris are these available on the S2?
Another app I had on the Sony watch was a camera view finder app where I could see my phones camera view from the watch and then take a picture or start a video. I know there is a camera control app on the S2 but does this allow you to view the camera's view as well or just a remote shutter type thing? If anyone is a developer I wouldn't mind an app for controlling LiFX bulbs like the one for Phillips Hue sadly I can't code to save my life else I would make it myself but would be much appreciated if someone could make that app so I could use the bezel to control brightness and color. I also take it there is no port of google now or some alternative to S-voice?

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
You are calling out the biggest gap I have seen for the Gear S2. Due to the decisions Samsung has made on their isolated app store and not going android wear, there is a huge hit to developer interest. This results in the impression you are receiving of not really seeing what you expect out of this great device from a software prospective.

Sadly due to how inconsistent updates and management of said appstore/firmware is becoming, Samsung may be reducing investment and interest in this device as well.

I really like my watch, don't get me wrong, it is fantastic but can see the gaps as well.

Shawn

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar