10 days with the Gear S2 Sport

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is my first smartwatch, but I've been wanting one for years. The reason for not getting one was because of the first ones looked like nerd toys and the better looking ones from last year didn't have good battery life. This year it was either the Huawei or the S2. I made my mind and decided the S2. Some questions that I had and now I can answer from personal experience:

How is battery life?
I get two days with "always on" turned off. I have 4 email accounts, slack, Facebook, smartthings, and other things constantly notifying me.
Now with "always on" turned on I barely get one day which sucks because I like that feature.

Do I feel like there isn't enough apps?
Not really. All I really want is to see notifications and probably reply to them and for the most part it works. The only one that doesn't is slack, but seems like there will be an update that will add smartwatch support.

What do people think about my watch?
Everyone thinks is really cool.

What's the coolest feature?
I like to monitor my steps and see how many I did the previous days and compare with today's number. And when I am getting lazy I like that it tells me that I need to walk. I feel like my watch wants me to stay healthy and encourages me to keep doing it.

Things I wish I had on the watch?
Google now is the only thing I wish it had, but I don't miss it that much as the S Voice is ok.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the bluetooth or 3g/4g version? My 3g/4g version might make it a day and a half but I've never tested that theory cause I charge it every night anyway.

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Bluetooth version with NFC disabled and 4 brightness. I always have my phone with me so I don't know how I would use 3G.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Same; if not for the ability to be stand-alone (3G/4G), I wouldn't have even considered a smart watch. It seems a day is all I get from the battery, but I also mostly keep it untethered to my phone, which is the main reason I bought this. Google maps with turn by turn navigation would be nice :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01