Sync S-Health with MyFitnessPal!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain how this works? I've installed the HealthMate app and synced it with S Health. However, on MyFitnessPal, the Withings brand app they offer to pair is The Withings Pulse and The Withings Wi-Fi Scale. As of right now, MyFitnessPal still isn't tracking my steps.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to Android Central!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Maybe we can help each other through this - I'm having the opposite problem! I can't link Withings and S Health, on neither side can I find the other.

Could you walk me through how you managed it? And I'll detail the Withings/MyFitnessPal pairing for you.

To start off, the Withing app I had just downloaded to make this work is "Withing Health Mate" at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.withings.wiscale2&token=Q5eqLMaU

I need to go look at the app for what I did then I'll post more.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to make this work. I just got the Gear Fit2 and I am able to sync the steps from Fit2 > S-Health > Withings > MFP. I just installed the Withings app and connected it to S-Health and MFP just like mentioned by others in this thread and it works. It does not appear to sync automatically though. I have noticed that I have to open Withings sometimes to get the steps to sync over from S-Health.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This guide was super helpful! Unfortunatly I am still struggling to get them synced :( the run I did today went from Shealth to Withings, but for some reason MFP does not seem to be grabbing it from Withings.

Hoping that it will just work with my run tomorrow, for something that's supposed to make life easier this gear fit 2 is making it a lot harder to keep track of my fitness!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In the withings app, after setting up the profile as you described, the time line screen asked if I wanted to track my activity. I proceeded with that dialog, and it eventually asked me whether to track via s-health or something else. I chose s-health, and then it was linked! Hope this helps.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I struggled for a while, but I finally found a simple solution!
Withings HelathApp did not work for me so I deleted it and kind of gave up on syncing with myfitnesspal. Then I downloaded the Strava App to connect with some of my "runner" friends. When I connected Strava with my S Health...VIOLA! All of a sudden my S-Health data is syncing with my myfitnesspal!!!!
I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but it was easy and it has been working for over a month and I could not be happier!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi. This was very useful, as I am setting up withings on my phone - also using S health with Gear fit 2.

Question: after pairing Withings and S health - is it possible to show registered weight from Withings over on S health?

Thanks,

Ana A

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
So I was already using Health Mate and MFP and the Withings app shows up in My Apps in S Health but doesn't seem to be syncing. Any ideas?

The same thing is happening to me.. I noticed that in the Withings app, when you look at the partner apps list, S Health is not listed, although Withings is still listed in S Health.. could it be they are changing the partner status?

roadrashtx

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I was originally using withings and that worked but it does not any longer. I even tried Strava and that did not work. I am back to square one.

toddflippin

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Instructions worked perfectly for me...

Agreed, MFP really needs to work with Samsung. I wonder why they don't. Long way around but this is an OK solution.

Thanks for your help.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
FYI: here are some instructions that sum it all up

I do not provide any guarantees that this will work for everyone. It is currently working for me on my Galaxy Note 4.

1. Install Withings Health Mate and create an account - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.withings.wiscale2&hl=en&token=xHsMqRT8

2. When you log in for the first time you will see the "Start tracking your activity" banner in the Timeline

3. Click on that banner and on the next page click on "Activate Now"

4. You will then see a prompt that has "Google Fitness API" and "S-Health API". Choose "S-Health API"

5. On the next screen you should see that S Health On is already turned ON. You need to turn Step count to ON and then click DONE

6. On the next screen you should see that Steps tracking is activated, now click DONE\

7. On the final screen you can set your step goal and click SAVE

8. The next step is to go into the Withings menu and click on Profile. Once in your profile, click on Partner apps and then connect Withings to MFP.

9. The final step is to open MFP, go to the Menu, click on Steps and then choose "The Withings WiFi Scale" as your device.

Now you will see steps appear in MFP under the "Calories Remaining" section of the homepage and also in your Diary.

I have noticed some issues with this setup. Sometimes the steps do not sync without opening the Withings app and the MFP app. Sometimes the Withings app reports some strange step counts. At least this gets the steps into MFP.

I also know that someone else created an app to get Fitbit data into S-Health and they have future plans to get S-Health data into Fitbit. So this could be another future solution since Fitbit syncs nicely with MFP. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy&hl=en&token=oLRJ1vZa

Of course, the best thing would be if MFP and Samsung would work together.

I hope this helps.

Dude. Life. Saver. I've been trying to figure out for months how to get my S-Health app to sync with my Healthyroads acct (health insurance benefit). S-health is not a compatible app but Withings is. I can finally get credit for my steps now! THANK YOU!!

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing the big picture here? Since the update S Health and MyFitnessPal sync with no issues. No other app required.

TMo S2, CPK7; TMo S6.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Am I missing the big picture here? Since the update S Health and MyFitnessPal sync with no issues. No other app required.

TMo S2, CPK7; TMo S6.

Oh my word. S health has been added to My Fitness Pal! I'm so glad I read this thread cause that has not been the case. I had used the work around which worked sometimes and sometimes not. So nice. I'm discovering all sorts of new things with the recent update but the s health connectivity I hadn't. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool