Anyone upgrade from S1 to S2 3G?

razorseal

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just got a Gear S and so far I'm really loving it. I honestly enjoy the smartwatch. I've only had it for like 3-4 days now, but so far it has been great. The only things I wish it had (specific to this device) was NFC for samsung pay and auto HR check.

I'm using this device to replace my everyday wear which has been a fitbit with continuous HR... Now in all honesty, I mostly used it to see how many calories I burned in a day (total) and see my steps...So I guess continous HR check and sleep recording is not really a must...

However I've been looking at some videos and it seems that S2 has a more "advanced/updated" version of S Health which is something I'm attracted more to.

So I'm in a debate with myself thinking if I should return the gear S and get an S2, or just keep it.

I do sort of prefer the phone like styling of the S1... I might decide to put on my rolex sometimes, and the S1 at least looks more like a smart device than a watch ,so it won't look like I'm wearing 2 watches (similar to having my fitbit on me and the rolex)

I'm just afraid support for S1 is already done, so soon enough this will be even more outdated when S2 still has support for it and will see it until close to end of year until S3 comes out...

anyways... I'm just curious for the ones that had the S1 and upgraded to a S2 3G, what did you think? is the Tizen OS that much more fluid and better to use? battery life? s health for ones that use it regularly? (oh and the HR monitor doesn't work nearly as good as my fitbit on this device, I'm curious if S2 is better) Nike app sucks, so I'm going to stick with S health on the watch.

I'm skipping on the S2 because I want the 3G capabilities as I think it's nice to leave your phone behind sometimes for a run or a quick errand and let the watch take over.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just got a Gear S and so far I'm really loving it. I honestly enjoy the smartwatch. I've only had it for like 3-4 days now, but so far it has been great. The only things I wish it had (specific to this device) was NFC for samsung pay and auto HR check.

I'm using this device to replace my everyday wear which has been a fitbit with continuous HR... Now in all honesty, I mostly used it to see how many calories I burned in a day (total) and see my steps...So I guess continous HR check and sleep recording is not really a must...

However I've been looking at some videos and it seems that S2 has a more "advanced/updated" version of S Health which is something I'm attracted more to.

So I'm in a debate with myself thinking if I should return the gear S and get an S2, or just keep it.

I do sort of prefer the phone like styling of the S1... I might decide to put on my rolex sometimes, and the S1 at least looks more like a smart device than a watch ,so it won't look like I'm wearing 2 watches (similar to having my fitbit on me and the rolex)

I'm just afraid support for S1 is already done, so soon enough this will be even more outdated when S2 still has support for it and will see it until close to end of year until S3 comes out...

anyways... I'm just curious for the ones that had the S1 and upgraded to a S2 3G, what did you think? is the Tizen OS that much more fluid and better to use? battery life? s health for ones that use it regularly? (oh and the HR monitor doesn't work nearly as good as my fitbit on this device, I'm curious if S2 is better) Nike app sucks, so I'm going to stick with S health on the watch.

I'm skipping on the S2 because I want the 3G capabilities as I think it's nice to leave your phone behind sometimes for a run or a quick errand and let the watch take over.
I have the S2 with 3g capabilities. I had the S1. S2 blows S1 out of the water for me. Better design. More reliable, gps on board for going running. ...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae