Faulty Band

Barbidoll75

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the original band staying linked onto the watch? I wear mine daily, work in an office, so nothing really to wear and tear on the watch. Today, I got up from my desk and the watch fell to the floor. One side of the watch band came out of the connection on the watch and now it will not stay connected. I've contacted Samsung, but of course, they say I have to send it in for repair. Uh, I use this as a work phone line and can not be without it for several weeks. I am now trying to find some other way to get it fixed and just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I paid too much money for this thing to just fall apart after less than 2 months. I am using the small band that came with the watch and it has been attached since I bought it. No off and on.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people have issues with the band falling apart. Samsung acts like they haven't heard this yet it is on several threads in the forums. I carry a small screwdriver with me and tighten mine every other day. Ironically the replacement, red band I bought is a Samsung band and it does not have this problem. See what Samsung thinks about you wearing the large band that came with your watch while you send the small one in for repair/replacement

Posted via the Android Central App

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the Sport model, but have you guys thought about putting a small dab of Loc-tite or something similar on these screws?

thatguy9684

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just started having this problem with mine. Seems that the tiny screws came loose and now the band just falls off. IMO I'm not gonna "tighten" any screws or use glue on a 10 day old $250 watch. I think I'll return my watch for the "classic" model even tho I don't like the notched bezel. You would think a watch like this wouldn't have such a poor designed band. Screws into plastic?

Posted via the Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They have more than this issue. I've had mine for like 6-8 weeks and my white bands are filthy and 9 attempts to clean with various cleaners has NO effect. Very poor material selection for a watch especially one that cost $400.