Unblock Contact on S2 to allow messages?

phlorit

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Unblock Contact on S2 to allow messages

Equipment:
Gear S2
Note 5 - Verizon
Messaging App: Message+

I've been a Gear S2 owner for a week and accidentally blocked a contact from sending me SMS messages the Gear. How do I unblock them? Messages at the Note 5 still work as expected, just no way to see it on the S2.

Last edited:

phlorit

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unblock Contact on S2 to allow messages

Well, after a far amount of research and contact with Samsung Support, I have determined there is only one way to remove the block of SMS from a contact via the S2. You have to do a light reset of the watch to get them removed. There is no other way. Samsung Support stated I should look at the app settings for Message+ and remove the SPAM filter block, but there is no way to do this in Message+ for the S2, nor could I find it at all for even the phone.

Needless to say, the ability to block a person from sending you SMS through to the phone is strikingly easy, but to remove, if you accidentally hit it, is very tough. I think there needs to be an app update to correct this?

Agitated Amateur

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My wife just accidentally blocked WhatsApp messages from me on her Gear S2.

After a bit of playing around I used the Gear App on her Galaxy S6 to deselect the WhatsApp on her list of applications. This seemed to cause the watch & the phone to disconnect. I reconnected them and re selected the WhatsApp (again using the Gear App on the phone).

Hey presto my What'sApp messages appeared on the S2 watch as normal.