Edit: Discontinued! (was: Case-Mate Leather Sport Band Now Available)

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Case-Mate Leather Sport Band Now Available

I would prefer a black leather band.

Posted via the Android Central App

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site

I would prefer a black leather band.

Your profile pic is my reaction to your comment

At least we are finally getting a leather band

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I ordered it. I'm waiting on a 3G S2 (I have the BT Sport) and I think this will be a good addition. I signed up for their newsletter...I'll opt out after first email...and got it for $42.50.

Last edited:

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Edit: as of this morning it now says "Discontinued/No Longer Available". I wonder if there's a problem with the production run? I already got a shipping confirmation so I'm not sure what's going to arrive in the mail. I'm assuming if they ran out it would say "Out Of Stock".

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

Same here. Shipping notice, then an email saying it was "back in stock". The amount was deducted from my checking account. Today the "discontinued, no longer available". So not sure if I'm getting one, or not. ??

D_BIN

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

well the band is in. the only problem is it is for the white sport watch only due to the interfacing piece which is silver and not black. why only make it for the white watch? The quality of the band is also not very great. The metal piece that connects the band to the watch is pretty nice though. If the color of the metal piece was right it would be cool because it would allow any typical band to be installed. So it looks like I am returning mine back to case mate unless a developer wants to copy the interfacing component. In that case I will sell it to you for the same price I got it for.20160310_173954.jpg

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Oh no! Nothing in the product photo or description shows an "extra" clasp mechanism in silver only; it's a mock up of the band going right into the watch body. Their photo happens to be a silver watch, but they didn't disclose that detail in the sales materials. I wonder if that's why they stopped orders. I'm guessing 90% of people have the black watch and this is not compatible (visually).

Maybe they'll release the end pieces in silver or black someday. That seems to be where the real engineering is.

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

Oh no! Nothing in the product photo or description shows an "extra" clasp mechanism in silver only; it's a mock up of the band going right into the watch body. Their photo happens to be a silver watch, but they didn't disclose that detail in the sales materials. I wonder if that's why they stopped orders. I'm guessing 90% of people have the black watch and this is not compatible (visually).

Maybe they'll release the end pieces in silver or black someday. That seems to be where the real engineering is.

Wow...bad advertising. I thought the band went right up against the watch. Boo...hiss.

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
If you didn't sell to him, I'd be willing to buy it, also wondering if the add-on bits allow for standard leather bands to be put on?

He never got back to me so let me know if you want it. I paid $42.50 for it. D_BIN wrote: "If the color of the metal piece was right it would be cool because it would allow any typical band to be installed."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara