Watch will not connect remotely to my phone (via WiFi/GSM)

Jim Stephen

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes my watch will not connect remotely to my phone (via WiFi/GSM). I notice this when I go out running/cycling without my phone and it doesn't say "Connected Remotely". Yes the GSM network is connected and active on both the handset and phone. When I try to fix it by toggling "Remote Connection" off and on in the settings of the Gear app, it shows "Requesting" and then times out. The toggle is now off (gray) and stays that way. I have tried clearing the data and cache for the Gear app and restarting both devices numerous times. This has happened several times and I have fixed it by uninstalling the Samsung Gear and Accessory apps and factory resetting my watch, but I shouldn't have to spend an hour restoring my watch on a regular basis. Last time this happened I was also not able to install apps, but this time I just managed to install apps so I assume the trust relationship between phone and watch is intact. Are my watch or phone not connecting properly to the Samsung servers so they can't negotiate a connection? Any way I can force my handset/watch to reconnect to the Samsung servers without uninstalling and reinstalling? Anyone else having this problem?

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the "connected remotely" simply means both devices(phone n watch) are on Wi-Fi networks

Posted via the Android Central App

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen maybe twice since I got the watch last November. Rebooting both devices fixes it. I'm guessing some required service gets in a loop or fails.