How hard to learn "Tasker"?

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
The idea of using "Tasker" on the S2 is appealing but I'm concerned about the learning curve not being worth the time investment. Could someone give me a sense of how difficult it is?
An example of a task I'd want to set up would be ability to turn off my "Ilumi" smart bulbs (I assume Tasker could somehow trigger the appropriate command in Ilumi's app on my phone).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Tasker is one of those things where it seems difficult, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't that bad. I don't think Tasker can control your bulbs, but I may be wrong.

Tasker is better for general automations under circumstances. Say, at 10 PM it automatically turns on wifi and once connected your lock screen gets disabled (2 separate tasks).

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an entire series of YouTube vids that are Tasker Tutorials. There is a learning curve for sure, but if you can master it, it opens up a ton of possibilities on your phone. Look for the tutorials on my channel (www.youtube.com/hollywoodfrodo) if you want to watch a few vids and start to get the gist of it.

My S2 just arrived today (promo from S7 purchase) so I'm excited to figure out what I can do from my watch using the app someone created to trigger Tasker Tasks.