Weather Only Updates Sporadically

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Even though I have weather updates set to 1 hour in the Gear app on my phone, the temperature display on my watch face doesn't always regularly update on that schedule. Sometimes it does, then other times it doesn't update for several hours. Any ideas?

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This has been a problem since day one, and nobody that I know of can explain it. My own theory is that it may have something to do with whether your phone is awake when it comes time for the hourly update. Obviously, it's only a theory and I'm certainly no expert.

The way I deal with it is to open the weather app on the watch, which forces it to update. Takes a while, though, and it's usually quicker to just pull out my phone and check it there.

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, that's an interesting theory. Thanks for the idea. I'll try to pay close enough attention to see if that can explain it.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The thing I find interesting (and maddening) is that Samsung has, to my knowledge, been silent on the issue, yet they continue to offer hourly weather as an option.

If the watch needs to wake up the phone hourly, maybe that's a battery hit that Samsung doesn't want to enable. Or, maybe I'm completely off base.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza