Classic One Watch Face

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I asked to Samsung support to get an explanation to this. Do you have also an older version of the Samsung Galaxy Apps?
My version is 4.1.01-14 (Go in Settings > Version number)

I have the same version and my search for both; classic one and thema are fruitless.
Oh well... :(

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Samsung asked me for the exact used device information (For example, Galaxy S5 - Gear 2.0) in order to verify the compatibility in their store.
For all who have issues to find it, can you provide me the device information about your mobile, watch & galaxy apps version number?
It will help :)

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
It should not matter however some apps are blocked by phone type and/or carrier. Just ask anyone on Verizon about the Samsung Pay issue last year.
That being said you would be right, there is no reason for a watch face to not be available to any phone running Gear Manger.

Could someone that able to get to the watch face please post a link for the rest of us.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Samsung did answer to my request, with the following:

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that the Gear Platform Version of your application (000001593509 / Classic One Watch Face) is 2.3.1.2, which means that the application should not be displayed on Gear device whose platform version is below 2.3.1.2.

Given the above reason, we would like to recommend you to make sure the used devices are updated to the latest version of Gear OS, then re-try to search for your application again.​

Can you all verify that you are running at least this version on your device? And if not, try to update to the latest version of Gear OS?
In all cases, if you do not have the latest version, it is something good to get :)

Thank you all for your time!
Please keep me informed.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine is 2.2.16 and it states it is the most current version.

Verizon, gear S2 3G Classic, Note 5 with Marshmallow.

Last edited:

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My Gear app is ver 2.2.16022241 and the Gear plug in is ver 2.2.03.16033141. It also states I am on the most current version. I'm in the US on Verizon.

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok!
It seems that is US, the last version update of the firmware is not available yet.

I found out a solution that might fix the problem, I will try it this evening and release an update that should allow you to access the watch face.
I hope that the Samsung application update registration will be quicker than the first time.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Grabbed this watchface over the weekend and I really like it. I wear a lot of suits and this one was a go-to this weekend (weekends are when I wear most of my business attire). Gave a 5 star rating. It would be great if there was a way to get a battery complication on it...without it taking away from the overall elegant look of the watch. I know the idea here seems to be elegance through simplicity and maybe a battery comp would be too much. Anyway, great face and looking forward to more from the dev....

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Samsung did answer to my request, with the following:

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that the Gear Platform Version of your application (000001593509 / Classic One Watch Face) is 2.3.1.2, which means that the application should not be displayed on Gear device whose platform version is below 2.3.1.2.

Given the above reason, we would like to recommend you to make sure the used devices are updated to the latest version of Gear OS, then re-try to search for your application again.​

Can you all verify that you are running at least this version on your device? And if not, try to update to the latest version of Gear OS?
In all cases, if you do not have the latest version, it is something good to get :)

Thank you all for your time!
Please keep me informed.

I'm in USA, this are the software versions I have and as you can see, it says I'm on the latest.
1462666883874.jpg

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
After that update, it worked!

Great!
I hope that you will like it :)

I hope that you all get this update quickly.

In the meantime, I registered a watch face update to work on older firmware... but the Samsung validation process is quite long... 6 days already... and still "under device testing".

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
76a5ba0bf850bb381293fb0ed27dbff2.jpg

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Could someone that able to get to the watch face please post a link for the rest of us.

Same for me, except I have the Galaxy S7 edge, which shouldn't make any difference.

The update has been validated by Samsung!
It should be available now for all firmware version.
Can you please try to search it again (thema or classic one) and see if you get better results?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo