S Voice and Knox (seperate questions)

ret18057

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

Trying out an S2, coming from a Moto on Android Wear. I think I have the battery issue handled (wasn't lasting an entire day, which would have been a deal killer). I think I know the answer on Knox but I'll ask. All I get is the "see phone" screen since Knox is so secure (although Android Wear will pass the information to the watch). I'm chalking this up to Samsung (Knox and the S2). Do I have that right?

I've also noticed S-Voice is tragically slow, especially compared to AW. AW is like real time dictation, so far I haven't been able to get s voice to even answer a text. It's so slow it's unusable. Any tricks for that one?

Thanks

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. It's the one drawback to the S2. I'm not a fan of the card system that's AW. I like how Tizen handles things with respect to the S2 and wearables but S voice stinks. If you used your watch to verbally respond to texts a lot you aren't going to like the S2. You might want to try something the mic in the S2 is very sensitive. Try holding the watch away from you. I know it's counter intuitive but it helped with me.

Not sure what issue with respect to Knox you are talking about.

ret18057

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I admit the dictation with Android Wear is insanely fast, especially compared to S Voice. Knox is something my company uses for corporate email, and it will tell me I have a Knox-email, but nothing else. Android Wear will pass the notification-bar information through, so I can at least see who sent it, and maybe the subject line. Since Samsung makes both Knox and Gear, I'm guessing they locked it down pretty tight.

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
OK. Now I understand. Yeah. I would guess since it's compartmentalize you probably are lucky you even get a notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21