Can Gear S2 3g Play Spotify Independently Through Bluetooth Earbuds?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the gear s2 can play milk music without a connection to a phone. I've read mixed stories of spotify.

Spotify is my primary music source. I would like to go to the gym or out for a run without my phone and stream spotify with the gear s2 to a set of paired Bluetooth earbuds. Is this possible? I am a premium spotify subscriber and have the ability to save playlists for offline listening, in case that helps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, don't know why but Spotify doesn't support Android Wear offline files. Google Play and Milk do, but not Spotify. The feature request in their forums has been up for over a year and it's still marked by Spotify as 'not right now'.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Nope, don't know why but Spotify doesn't support Android Wear offline files. Google Play and Milk do, but not Spotify. The feature request in their forums has been up for over a year and it's still marked by Spotify as 'not right now'.

Are you sure Google Play supports offline listening (streaming) on the S2 3G? I have not seen anything that indicates that it does. I have the non-3G version, but would buy the 3G version if I could leave my phone at home while exercising, but I need music and usually just download for offline listening rather than buying songs. I use Spotify, but if Google Play works I would try it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure Google Play supports offline listening (streaming) on the S2 3G? I have not seen anything that indicates that it does. I have the non-3G version, but would buy the 3G version if I could leave my phone at home while exercising, but I need music and usually just download for offline listening rather than buying songs. I use Spotify, but if Google Play works I would try it.

Not sure for the S2 as it's not Android Wear (it's Tizen). At least from AC's post on the S2 9 months ago, nope, GPM doesn't support offline listening to an S2.
These are the first things you need to know about the Samsung Gear S2 | Android Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699