GEAR S2 Classic Charging

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless charging kit for my note 3 and a Samsung portable wireless charging pad. Recently picked up the Gear s2 classic and of course received it's charging cradle.

As an experiment, I put the watch on each of the other samsung oem charging pads and the watch recognized the chargers! Too soon to tell if it is accepting a charge.

Is anyone else using a different charger for their watch? This will be great if the watch actually can charge, especially from the portable pad.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Might not matter, but me personally, I would not try this, as you don't know if the difference in voltages might damage your Gear S2. IMHO

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, seems like although the watch recognizes the Samsung induction charging pads, it does not actually accept a charge from them. I am guessing that the magnet positioning is just different enough to fail . Bummer, because it would be nice to not have to purchase yet another charging device.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The coil in the watch is much smaller, so while it does trip the charger, they're not on the same field.

Now what I am curious about, is if the S2 will charge with the iwatch chargers (lets face it, they have some pretty awesome charging stands), it's already been tested to work with the moto 360 charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy