Watch getting texts from two phones [SOLVED]

DConklin1

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Sharing the solution to a problem just in case anyone else gets it ....because it was very frustrating!

Basically for the first week my S2 Gear Classic was getting text notifications from both my phone and my wife's.

When I first got the watch, the gal in the store accidentally number synced it with my wife's line since her line was the primary line on the AT&T account. Even though it was Bluetooth paired with my phone, i was getting texts from her phone too. Hers would come in a big batch a couple times a day.

Eventually I figured out the number sync was wrong and with AT&T's help was able to number sync it with my line (had to create a new My AT&T user). However, even after that I was still getting her texts.

Her Bluetooth config did not show the Gear connected (first guess), so I just factory reset the Gear and now it seems to be fine.

This is an extreme edge case, but just sharing in case anyone else encounters it.

Thx

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Sharing the solution to a problem just in case anyone else gets it ....because it was very frustrating!

Basically for the first week my S2 Gear Classic was getting text notifications from both my phone and my wife's.

I can see where that'd be an issue! Glad it's figured out. Good work!