New FirmwareUpdate?

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got a recent update on mine. Non carrier.

Ever since the update my Bluetooth no longer reconnects automatically if I end up going out range of my phone... then back in. I have to manually go into the app and reconnect my watch.

Anyone experience this?

Software version: R720XXU2CPC5

Haven't had this issue with my non carrier bluetooth S2 with Nexus 6P running 6.0.1 or 7.0 either. Reconnects just fine. Just wish S Health worked with 7.0

rickl43065

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to Samsung Support,

The new firmware is v. R732XXU2CPC6 . This (FINALLY) SUPPORTS TAP & PAY. While no one mentioned it I think they are rolling it out slowly to fix bugs, manage issues as tap & pay rolls out. Please note Samsung Pay for Gear S2 is BETA.

Apparently only select persons/users are seeing this feature... So it appears to be an intentional slow roll-out and NO dates announced.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to Samsung Support,

The new firmware is v. R732XXU2CPC6 . This (FINALLY) SUPPORTS TAP & PAY. While no one mentioned it I think they are rolling it out slowly to fix bugs, manage issues as tap & pay rolls out. Please note Samsung Pay for Gear S2 is BETA.

Apparently only select persons/users are seeing this feature... So it appears to be an intentional slow roll-out and NO dates announced.

Well that's confusing.

There is supposed to be a new update, DPFB, that is also know as the Value Pack. It contains a my photo watch face in addition to other updates like UV index in the weather widget.

My gear is on CPC5, yet I have the Samsung Pay Beta installed, which completely contradicts what you say Sammy told you.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well that's confusing.

There is supposed to be a new update, DPFB, that is also know as the Value Pack. It contains a my photo watch face in addition to other updates like UV index in the weather widget.

My gear is on CPC5, yet I have the Samsung Pay Beta installed, which completely contradicts what you say Sammy told you.

Also confusing me is the fact that my new Verizon 3g sport model is BCPC7 which isn't even listed on the Verizon support page, but also ISN'T the value pack! I seem to have a different software version than the other verizon watches and I don't know why. I'm not having any problems but it is curious.

BusyMomKS

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Got BT update overnight. It is working great, but I had to download my purchased watch faces again too.

Posted via the Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update myself. I have the Value Pack now, however its not the version number that was being reported earlier.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just checked manually for the update and it started downloading
Firmware DPG1
BT CLASSIC PLATINUM
NOTE 3
72b5a2f01cf91aaadfd3c2887e4b0759.jpg
df8d3030ed9bf900933bcc8d4bbf93df.jpg

Last edited:

Members online