Can't connect Gear to new phone

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Nexus 6p and the it's just not picking up the Gear. I select "connect to gear" within the Samsung Gear app but it tells me none found, and to do a factory reset on my Gear... which I don't want to/should have to do. It was working fine with my old phone. Any ideas?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You sure your bluetooth connection is good? If your Gear has previously been connected to a phone, did you use More/Connect to New in Gear Manager? Can the Gear go online standalone? If not, might be a problem there. Otherwise, I'd try to reset/reinstall Gear Manager. Not familiar with the Nexus so not sure how apps are treated there.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As my post said, it's in Gear Manager. You are using Gear Manager to connect, right? If you look in the upper right corner, you'll see the More icon.

Dave R4

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
As my post said, it's in Gear Manager. You are using Gear Manager to connect, right? If you look in the upper right corner, you'll see the More icon.

That's the problem as soon as I open gear manager my only option is "connect to gear" which then proceeds to fail miserably

Posted via the Android Central App

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Nexus 6p and the it's just not picking up the Gear. I select "connect to gear" within the Samsung Gear app but it tells me none found, and to do a factory reset on my Gear... which I don't want to/should have to do. It was working fine with my old phone. Any ideas?

I believe you have to at least soft reset your watch in order to connect to a new phone.