Nike+ bye bye....

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, Apple just came out with a Nike+ edition of the new Apple Watch. Curious that Nike+ stopped working on our Gear S2's just a week or so ago.... This has me a tad worried, lol.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I noticed that last week when S Health removed them as a partner app. I wonder how Samsung will respond.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, from what I read, the Samsung partnership was probably b/c Nike felt slighted when the Apple watch came out, cutting into their Fuel Band sales. Then Apple hired away a Nike designer. At least that was the speculation. But still, I mean, I can't even get the dang app off my watch. That's pretty ridiculous.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
So, because I was frustrated with the lack of running apps other than S Health when Nike+ went offline in September and additionally because I'd started running ultramarathon length races again and needed longer battery life than the S2, I bought a Garmin Fenix 3 in November. I hadn't worn my S2 Classic once since then. I finally put it on last night becuase I'd neglected to charge my Garmin. Well, after getting the Gear app and the S2 updates downloaded, I was plesantly surpirsed to see all the improvements. Including....Nike+ finally working with the new Nike+ Run Club app. So I guess there was a happy ending and now I have two choices for running watches plus the ability to go without my phone if necessary.

ragsy1083

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the Nike+ app still work with no issues? This is the first thread that I've come across that has success with Nike+ working on the gear s2/s3 post Nike run club update

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried it lately but it worked well when I made my last post. I hadnt used my watch in a while so when I turned it on, it went through updates for what seemed like an hour. When I tried out the watch, it worked and went immediately to a screen for me to start my run. Prior to that, it would hang, telling me to install the Nike+ app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol