Overheating

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my AT&T Gear S2 for a couple weeks now, mainly through BT connected to my Galaxy Note 7, loaner phone and noticed that it tends to overheat when remotely connected to AT&T. I have numbersync on if that helps. Today I walked far enough from my phone inside my air conditioned house and noticed about 10 minutes sitting at my desk, my S2 warned me it was overheated and had to cool down. Is this something others have experienced? I don't want to think I have a faulty unit, but I wasn't even using my watch and got this warning. It seems to defeat one of the unique features of the watch compared to Apple and other Android Wear watches that only use BT to connect. Is there a setting that needs to change on the watch to prevent it from overheating?

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've only experienced the overheating once using my Verizon 3G S2. I've used it plenty on 3G before and after and it has been fine.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've only had mine overheat one time. I took the charger with me in the car and realized the sun was beating on it while I was driving. It was also a pretty hot day (and I don't particularly like using the AC). I also wander around at work, it makes the watch a little warm, and def runs the battery, but never "overheat" condition.