S2 switch from Samsung to non-Samsung?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently I have the Samsung S2 Classic connected to the Samsung S7 Edge. It is great. However I have a rare condition, if I do not change phones every six months, i will get physically ill. It's very serious.

I have had this S7 Edge since March, so basically I'm risking my life every day. I was going to get the Note 7, but i had to bail on it obviously.

The LG V20 is calling, but I have never used the S2 Classic with anything other than the S7 Edge. Has anyone switched the S2 Classic to a non-Samsung device? Do you lose any functionality?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the classic but I assume they use the same software I have the Verizon 3g version of the sport. I did the opposite and I went from LG V10 to Samsung S7 Edge after receiving the boot loop on my V10.

I don't see you having any issue I will say some features show up on Samsung phones that do not show up in LG phones. I had a friend who designs watch faces and he sent me a code to get a free face from him and I could not find where to put it in at the galaxy app store. Other than that you should be fine and of course you know when you pair to a new device you start from scratch anyway.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
ok thanks. I actually went from a V10 to the S7 Edge. I loved the V10, but it drained batteries. I am hoping the V20 has a better battery management.

I mainly just use the watch for notifications from the calendar, text, email, etc

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am hoping it doesn't suffer from the boot loop either I really enjoyed the camera etc on my V10. I had 3 batteries on my V10 so I understand EXACTLY what you mean about the battery. I was sooo glad I had my S2 when my phone looped though because I felt people could still get in contact with me because I forwarded all my calls.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
that's a good idea. I am planning on getting the S3, i might get the one that can make calls in case something like that happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34