Used gear s2 3g SIM not provisioned

Batradia

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some help. Bought a used gear s2 classic 3g (at&t). When I go to set up numbersync, I get a "SIM not provisioned 'error. At&t tells me that the SIM is still attached to the seller's account. I contacted the seller and found that he removed the watch from his account five days ago. SIM should have reset 72hrs after it was taken off his account.
I'm at a loss... Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution? Thanks in advance!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
May be worth visiting a store, and having them contact the seller with you, they may just need to verify his account to forcibly remove it, or if you have enough paperwork that shows you purchased it (including any serial numbers, etc.). Nothing we'll be able to do from this end unfortunately, that's all on the carrier side of things :(

Batradia

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
May be worth visiting a store, and having them contact the seller with you, they may just need to verify his account to forcibly remove it, or if you have enough paperwork that shows you purchased it (including any serial numbers, etc.). Nothing we'll be able to do from this end unfortunately, that's all on the carrier side of things :(

Yeah, I've been to my AT&T corporate store 3x and they are VERY reluctant to do ANYTHING with another customer's account. Luckily the seller has been easy to work with. Maybe I'll see if he'll contact the store. Thanks for the suggestion!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've been to my AT&T corporate store 3x and they are VERY reluctant to do ANYTHING with another customer's account. Luckily the seller has been easy to work with. Maybe I'll see if he'll contact the store. Thanks for the suggestion!

Consider yourself lucky that the seller even responds to you. Too many stories about issues with the old account, and the seller is nowhere to be found.

I would contact him again, setup a time when you can call him again when you'll be at the store, so he can talk to the same rep that you're talking to. They can verify his account information with you there that way. Good luck!

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Looking for some help. Bought a used gear s2 classic 3g (at&t). When I go to set up numbersync, I get a "SIM not provisioned 'error. At&t tells me that the SIM is still attached to the seller's account. I contacted the seller and found that he removed the watch from his account five days ago. SIM should have reset 72hrs after it was taken off his account.
I'm at a loss... Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution? Thanks in advance!

You will need to contact AT&T technical support and have them submit a ticket to reset the e-sim on the watch. Do not waste your time going to a store or talking to a customer service rep. They do not have the ability to reset the e-sim. You may even have some of them saying crazy things like needing to open the watch to reset the e-sim. If you hear someone tell you this, they do not understand how the e-sim works. I had to do this with a Gear S2 Classic I bought on Swappa a few months ago, and then did it again when I moved a phone number to a different watch. You should be able to see the previous phone number on the watch, which will make it even easier to reset for you if you tell the tech support person what the number was and what number you want added to the phone if needed. If the seller already removed service from the watch, it will make it easier as AT&T will not think you have a stolen watch. The process may take a few hours or less to do, depending on how many service tickets are pending in the tech support department.

Just FYI, the e-sim does not reset just by removing service from the watch. It is permanent unless you get AT&T to reset the e-sim or switch carriers and have T Mobile activate service on the watch. This whole process of having to reset the e-sim is a major flaw in the whole e-sim setup.

Batradia

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You will need to contact AT&T technical support and have them submit a ticket to reset the e-sim on the watch. Do not waste your time going to a store or talking to a customer service rep. They do not have the ability to reset the e-sim. You may even have some of them saying crazy things like needing to open the watch to reset the e-sim. If you hear someone tell you this, they do not understand how the e-sim works. I had to do this with a Gear S2 Classic I bought on Swappa a few months ago, and then did it again when I moved a phone number to a different watch. You should be able to see the previous phone number on the watch, which will make it even easier to reset for you if you tell the tech support person what the number was and what number you want added to the phone if needed. If the seller already removed service from the watch, it will make it easier as AT&T will not think you have a stolen watch. The process may take a few hours or less to do, depending on how many service tickets are pending in the tech support department.

Just FYI, the e-sim does not reset just by removing service from the watch. It is permanent unless you get AT&T to reset the e-sim or switch carriers and have T Mobile activate service on the watch. This whole process of having to reset the e-sim is a major flaw in the whole e-sim setup.

Man, I wish I had this to read on Wednesday... EVERYTHING you wrote is 100% accurate! I even had a guy at the AT&T store take the band off and start poking around on it with a tool. When I asked him what he was doing he replied "trying to open the SIM tray"...
Beyond frustrating trying to get anyone in store, online chat, or over the phone to be of help. No one knows what an eSIM is!
As you said, FINALLY, when I was put in touch with 'wearable device support' I got somewhere. If anyone else goes through this, have these support people stay on the line with you from the beginning till when you can power on the watch and get through numbersync. Otherwise someone is going to try to send you a new SIM card for your watch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana