100% battery to 11% in 5 hours

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So I had an all day meeting today at Nemacolin resort (Southern PA near the WV/OH border) - yes I know poor me.

Anyway I'm on VZW and my S2 is the 3G version and I didn't realize it must have been searching for a cell signal the whole time (VZW coverage in that area is apparently pretty poor) and was almost dead by lunchtime.

Is there a way to turn off the cell feature but still get the BT notifications on it? Seems like airplane mode turns everything off.

Thanks.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
hi,could you find the working frequency?in settings,just disable it.
EDIT:in developer settings,I disable the unusual working frequency on my D5+.Anyway its battery life seems a bit longer.

Last edited:

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I had this happen to me the other day too when I was in a building and couldn't get signal. If you go into Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks you should be able to switch Gear Network to Auto Switch instead of Always On. This should turn off your cell radio as long as you are connected to Blue Tooth and help save battery when you are in a bad cell area.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me the other day too when I was in a building and couldn't get signal. If you go into Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks you should be able to switch Gear Network to Auto Switch instead of Always On. This should turn off your cell radio as long as you are connected to Blue Tooth and help save battery when you are in a bad cell area.

The gentleman in this video suggested the same thing

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...here-s-how-get-full-battery-life-gear-s2.html

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You might also check the watch face you're using. Normally after 12 hrs I still have about 45% left, today I used a different watch face and was down to 8% in less than 9 hrs. Btw, mine is the BT only version.

Aaron_Jones

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the stand alone version and I get 2 1/2 days on my S2. I followed the direction of a youtube video and it made a world of difference.

I turned my screen brightness to 2
Turned off WiFi
Turned off NFC
I keep apps closed and not running in the background
after these adjustments I get way more battery life. You may need some of these things turned on that I keep off so it may not work for you. I turn on my WiFi when I need it and turn it off when I don't. I dont use NFC at all. I see very well with brightness at 2. I work in a factory so this is ideal for me. I have found some really cool apps to use with my S2 as well. I mostly use it for notifications for text and emails. I get alerts all day long and still have great battery life. Oh yeah, my volumes - ringtone 0, media 15, notification 0, and system 0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR1w9DD_5sY

Aaron_Jones

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I charge my watch when I get home from work about 8pm in the evening so it is ready to record my sleep and it takes about a little less than an hour to charge to 100% from down toward 10 to 15%. After going through the night and the next day I'm at 68% around 9pm.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon