Email notification broke with new Gear phone app

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
After updating the Gear app on my S7 phone I now get "Can't show email for security reasons. View it on your phone..." on the Gear S2 watch when I get an Email notification. Before the update I would get the subject and the beginning of the email.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
-Greg

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
After updating the Gear app on my S7 phone I now get "Can't show email for security reasons. View it on your phone..." on the Gear S2 watch when I get an Email notification. Before the update I would get the subject and the beginning of the email.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
-Greg

Having the same issue here as well.

Also had to reload my cards to samsung pay.

I just hope sleep tracking finally works.

Misthos

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I let the update run before going to bed and woke up to the same issue. So now I have no email notifications but on the positive side they did extend the Samsung Pay beta to the 3G models (though can't vouch that it works).

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So i've noticed this only comes up for my work exchange email account, not for gmail.com or outlook.com emails. Talked to my IT guys, and nothing has changed over the last few days on their end, so this is a problem Samsung introduced with the update.

jkchicago

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me too. It's very frustrating and I need access to my work email on my watch.

I am getting the notifications still, but other than the person's name who sent the email popping up, I don't even get the email title, just the security notice.

I also confirmed with my IT that nothing specific has changed over night on this end.

JK

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
just spoke to a rep via chat....

totally clueless about the issue, performed the same troubshooting they say for everything, uninstall gear manager, reset gear, reinstal gear manager etc.

tpike

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
its weird that the rep and you are talking about all emails, but for me and some others its seems the issue only happens with work emails, not yahoo, gmail etc.

youre indeed correct. its not "all emails" rather all im getting from the stock samsung email apk. consequently, i only have office 365 corporate email in that app.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I only get security message on exchange emails.

Another bug. It does not respect your S2 email notification settings for multiple email accounts. I was set to receive notifications from just 1 of 3 email accounts. After update I got them on the S2 for all 3! My watch was vibrating every 30 seconds! Had to turn off all S2 mail notifications to get them to stop. Ironically it still gave me he warning that all email account notifications were not on.....it just ignored that.

BJB1

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So I "solved" my problem by using a different email app on my phone. Now I can view exchange emails via my watch.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I got an update to Samsung Gear last week and was hopeful the e-mail notification issue was fixed. It is NOT!

I know a few e-mail issues have popped up on this thread but my issue is the fact that I used to be able to only get notifications from one of my multiple email accounts on my watch. Since two updates ago (and the one last week did not change it) if I turn notifications on for e-mail, I get the same popup that says something about some of my accounts have notifications turned off (which is correct), but then it proceeds to send notifications for ALL of my accounts to the watch. Although the phone notifications are correct.

Since this was working and then they broke it, why was it not fixed on the last update?
Has Samsung acknowledged this issue?

I know I can use a different e-mail app, but everything else works for me with this app. so I really don't want to go through all that....

Also I have other family members with the same issue with their S7 Edge and the S2 watch and I know I can't put them on a different e-mail app.

Thanks,
BJB1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance