Changing Phones without Needing to Reset Watch?

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a new menu item "Connect to New Phone" and wondered if that meant it's now possible to change phones without having to go through the hassle of resetting the watch. Has anyone tried this yet?

J

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Everytime I get a new phone I have to do a lite reset. It's annoying, especially after going through 2 Note 7's and back to a s7 edge in a matter of a month..

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I get a new phone I have to do a lite reset. It's annoying, especially after going through 2 Note 7's and back to a s7 edge in a matter of a month..
If you use the S3 as a slave, then it can only have one master. It doesn't have enough processing power to have multiple masters. A reset is the best way to erase the old and prepare for the new. If you change phones frequently, you may want to consider using a dedicated companion rather than your phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Oops I didn't see this question when I just asked mine. I had a specific question about the steps resetting when switching phones. I was hoping there was a way to keep the step count when moving to the other phone

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I noticed a new menu item "Connect to New Phone" and wondered if that meant it's now possible to change phones without having to go through the hassle of resetting the watch. Has anyone tried this yet?

J
Jimmy what two phones are you using now? I have an S7Edge through Tmobile and a Note 5 off Amazon -that's my primary

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke