Getting Temperature to Stay Displayed on Main Watch Face

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I "stylized" (weird term...) my "Modern Utility" watch face and set one of the "Complications" (even weirder) to be "Weather." When I first did this, the temperature was displayed, which is exactly what I hoped and is great. Unfortunately, after a half hour or so, the icon turned from displaying the current temperature to displaying a generic cloud icon (which, when pressed, takes me to the weather widget.) If I reset the style of the watch face on my phone, the temp. shows up again for a brief time, but then same thing happens. (Too bad, because it wasn't until the latest update that I was able to even get accurate temperature readings.)
It's better than nothing to have quick access to the weather widget, but I'd prefer to see the temperature. Has anyone figured a way to make this stay?

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Is the problem limited to just the one watchface or does it happen with other watchface? There are several factory faces with weather embedded in them. Do those work?

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Is the problem limited to just the one watchface or does it happen with other watchface?
Helpful. Given the limited search capabilities in the Gear app store, I wasn't able to find a factor watchface with temp--would you mind suggesting one? (preferably with clean analog clock)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's the same watch face I use. Weather on top, and my step count on the bottom. The only times I've ever seen it not show the actual weather, is when it can't connect to the internet. Make sure your phone is connected too, if you're bluetooth only. You may need to do a soft reset if it's still not working properly.

As a side note: "complications" are named as such for the added complexity that true analog watches had.

Cricket Jiminy

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a similar problem. but want music controls to be ALWAYS THERE. Have you found a way for the watch to come up with the Weather Widget as the default, when you always wake it?

I figure if you have, then I have the solution to my music control problem also.

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The only times I've ever seen it not show the actual weather, is when it can't connect to the internet. . .
Could you clarify if you have BT version? My watch, at home, is connected to the internet (via either wi-fi or bluetooth from my phone) and still never shows temperature...

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could you clarify if you have BT version? My watch, at home, is connected to the internet (via either wi-fi or bluetooth from my phone) and still never shows temperature...

I have the Gear S2 Classic, Tmobile 4G version. It's 95% bluetooth connected to my Note 5, and 5% on it's own. In either scenario, the weather display on the "modern" watchface has never faulted unless a network connection could not be obtained (both phone and watch out of service area / wifi)

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks--I'm guessing it just won't work on the BT version of the watch.
I've noticed apps that connect to the internet confuse my watch when I open them (I keep getting messages about trying to connect to Wi-Fi, even when watch is connected to phone and phone is connected to wi-fi. Seems there's an issue in the BT watch of switching between the two....

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the BT version of the watch. The weather complication (standard term BTW) has always worked properly on the watchface (Modern Utility). You should try rebooting your watch. If that doesn't work, then reset it.