Why, all of a sudden in the past 2 days, my battery is lasting only about 6 hrs?

A

AC Question

I've had this Gear S2 for almost a year and never had any battery issues. I don't use many apps, S Heath, phone notifications, weather & text messages. I've shut off everything else. I've never used always on with the screen. How can I figure out what app or function is draining the battery?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! It could be wear and tear on the battery over time. I'm sorry, I'm not very well-versed on smartwatches - hopefully another user can chime in soon with more advice!

Has your device come into contact with any water; or has it suffered any bangs/falls?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing same. I finally did a reset and battery problem disappeared. Not sure it will help, but worth a try.

anych

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
First sorry for my English. I have this watch for a few day and I was very disappointed for battery life. Read in this forum, that the contact sync is a reason for this issue. When I disable this sinchronization the problem is fixed. Now the battery life is 1 day. I'm not satisfied for this 1 day, but is better for 6-10 hours. Hope this will be useful for you.

anych

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I can't find this settings in gear s app. I connect watch to not Samsung phone. The gear s app allows access to contacts, calendar and others thinks. Disabled from phone access settings. To be able to see the contacts to my watch the phone must sync contacts at least once.

prestonmiller91

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't find this settings in gear s app. I connect watch to not Samsung phone. The gear s app allows access to contacts, calendar and others thinks. Disabled from phone access settings. To be able to see the contacts to my watch the phone must sync contacts at least once.

I tried denying contacts and tried denying phone permissions but the app won't launch if I have those denied. So how do I stop the contact sync?

anych

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
You must allow permission for everything. The contact must sync at least one to be able to see it on your watch. After connect the phone with watch and allow permission for all things, after that I go to phone settings-- app-- Samsung gear or gear s, depend of phone -- permission -- and stop sync contacts. In iPhone I haven't problem with this permission, don't know how it will be at android, but think that not be a problem too.

prestonmiller91

May 17, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't really make any sense...as soon as I deny contacts or phone permissions on my gear app on my phone it disconnects my watch. How do you stop contact sync then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781