Nougat update on S7 Edge Verizon breaks S2 Gear bluetooth connection?

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Greetings. I am very familiar with the issue of having to reset the S2 every time there is new gear software, or really almost everything.

So after Nougat I was not surprised when my phone would not connect. It took several reboots and downloads of updates but I had my watch working for a day....

Now again, it won't connect. Out of nowhere it piped up and said it could not find a network (like said that) and now it is standalone and no amount of mashing the gear connection button on the phone will allow it to connect.

I think it is crazy that we have to reset the watch everytime we have new software.....so much so that I don't even do much customization anymore as you lose it.

However I would like to be able to connect! Anyone else with Nougat on an S7 or S7 Edge having issues with their S2 watch?

Thanks,
BJB1

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verizon 3G S2 and have done updates on both my S7 and the S2 and have had no issues. Nougat works well with it. The only issue I've found is that the S2 battery will drain rapidly if too many days go by without a restart.

davistho2003

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
After updating to Nougat last week, I'm finding that the S2 does not automatically reconnect if I move out of Bluetooth range of my phone.

I can always reconnect it manually, and it's stable once connected, but it's definitely a pain having to reconnect from Gear Manager everytime I return to my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae