can I use foreign prepaid SIM cards in the Gear S3 bought from U.S. carriers(like AT&T)?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I just got to Glasgow for a long weekend. While I was popping in a prepaid UK sim card into my new Verizon Pixel XL, I started wondering. (yes, my Verizon Pixel XL works fine with the UK prepaid sim card, although a little slow... at around 7mbps down and 5mbps up... probably because it's prepaid?)

I plan to buy the Gear S3 from AT&T as soon as it becomes available. Will I be able to the S3 with a foreign prepaid SIM card?

Thanks!

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No. The Gear S3 will be using an e-SIM. Theoretically for the AT&T S3 to work, you'd first have to DSU the watch, the AT&T Gear S3 has to have the UK supported bands, and the UK carrier has to have the ability to support e-SIM devices, and has to be willing to add/support the AT&T Gear S3.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
No. The Gear S3 will be using an e-SIM. Theoretically for the AT&T S3 to work, you'd first have to DSU the watch, the AT&T Gear S3 has to have the UK supported bands, and the UK carrier has to have the ability to support e-SIM devices, and has to be willing to add/support the AT&T Gear S3.

I'm confused... are there 2 versions?
one that only works with bluetooth/wifi
and one that also works with cellular?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...tml/BI/20079/KBID/13844/SID/UUacUvbUpU5539042

Sword fish

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I suspect that the Frontier and Frontier LTE are the same watch but have additional firmware to handle the e-sim ability. Curious if you can load the Frontier LTE software on the Frontier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech