Just pre-ordered, USA

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that all frontiers have 4g. That's a big feature of the watch. Anyhow, I placed an order and watching to see what best buy does. If they open ordering today or tomorrow gor less money I will cancel my Amazon order before it ships (unless Amazon comes to their senses and charges fairly).

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My order did get in with a deliver date of "Delivery Estimate
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 by 8pm". But I bet they will cancel my order...

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that all frontiers have 4g. That's a big feature of the watch.
I do not believe that all Frontiers have celluar radios. I think Best Buy will be selling the WiFi models while carriers will have the LTE variant. The specs on Best Buy's website don't list it as having LTE. The only carrier that has it posted (as of now) on their website is T-Mobile and lists it as having LTE.

I too am anxious for the release, but think the wait will be a bit longer for the celluar Frontier.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The truth is I use a Gear S, and paid for a 2 year contract, maybe made 2 calls from it. I never leave my phone...total waste of money.

jakestgermain

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree! I have the Gear S2 3G and its a total waste of money. How often do you actually go out without your phone? Numbersync doesn't always work well plus when you do use to alone it sucks through battery like no ones business! I ordered the bluetooth only version of the S3 and the only way I will get the LTE version is if my work pays for the plan and watch on my corporate account.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree! I have the Gear S2 3G and its a total waste of money. How often do you actually go out without your phone? Numbersync doesn't always work well plus when you do use to alone it sucks through battery like no ones business! I ordered the bluetooth only version of the S3 and the only way I will get the LTE version is if my work pays for the plan and watch on my corporate account.

Same here. I'm skipping the LTE model this time around after owning the AT&T Gear S2 3G for a year. I just need bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, and Samsung Pay MST.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the Gear S2 3G sucks some serious battery down when in stand alone mode but for those of us who actually engage in fitness activities like running I believe the network connectivity is worth it. Also, in my line of work (Professional Fire Fighter) it is not feasible to bring my phone into certain conditions while at work. I have to leave my phone on the truck when in my turnout gear so it is nice to still be connected. As for the Gear S3 Frontier LTE, I am ordering on day 1.

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Mst is the reason I'm interested in the cellular connectivity. I use samsung pay a lot so it will be good to have in case my phone is dead. Also since boa upgraded their atms to take nfc it will allow me to get cash on the fly and look good doing it 😉

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the Gear S3 Frontier from AT&T for $349 no contract. They are also selling for $249 with a 2 year contract. Estimated ship date on order shows 11-17-16. I was expecting the LTE version was going to sell for more than $349 without a contract. Hoping the watch is as good as it looks. I know I like the Gear S2 Classic I am currently using. :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ontier.html%23sku%3Dsku8100290&token=VtRyBM9G

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Mst is the reason I'm interested in the cellular connectivity. I use samsung pay a lot so it will be good to have in case my phone is dead. Also since boa upgraded their atms to take nfc it will allow me to get cash on the fly and look good doing it 😉
Samsung pay will work on all versions of the S3 for 5 transactions, then will have to be resynced with a Galaxy phone to work again.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Gear S2 3G and its a total waste of money. How often do you actually go out without your phone? Numbersync doesn't always work well plus when you do use to alone it sucks through battery like no ones business!
I hope the S3 operating in standalone has significantly better battery life than the S2. I don't want to have to carry my smartphone around everywhere. I've been waiting for a smartwatch that essentially has the capabilities of a dumb phone- calls, text, time/date/weather and steam music. Everything else is non urgent and can be done at my convenience on a larger screen (tablet). I also hope that the MST implementation is well executed.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to buy the LTE version but when I saw that it was the same price and thickness I jumped and went ahead and preordered from AT&T. If I end up not using it away from my phone much I'll just cancel the service and disable LTE on it and use it like a bluetooth only model. If nothing else it will hold a higher resale value being the LTE version, whether I use it or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power