Sprint - to hate or not to hate. That is the question

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
So sprint just got the gear S3 yesterday. I already bought the Frontier from best buy without service since i thought that sprint wouldn't get it. Trying to decide if i should take the one back to best buy and get one from sprint. Just hate they waited SO LONG

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So sprint just got the gear S3 yesterday. I already bought the Frontier from best buy without service since i thought that sprint wouldn't get it. Trying to decide if i should take the one back to best buy and get one from sprint. Just hate they waited SO LONG

Im not seeing it on their website. Do they hay the lte one or just Bluetooth.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sprint took forever on their LTE rollout in my area, and kept overpromissing me. They used to be a trend setter years ago, but now they just keep playing catch up. I left them for Tmobile, and it's been one of the best decisions I've made.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Sprint took forever on their LTE rollout in my area, and kept overpromissing me. They used to be a trend setter years ago, but now they just keep playing catch up. I left them for Tmobile, and it's been one of the best decisions I've made.

I would do that to but t-mobile coverage isn't that good where i am at

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup, that's a valid reason for sure. You may want to see if you can "test drive" their service again. They've really improved in my area.

my cousin has them. looses service in alot of areas. I nvr loose service on sprint. Just dont always gets fast data.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The little experience Ive had with Sprint I feel the same as you. Tmobile has been great for me

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It is because they are Wifi only and not the 4G version. I returned my AT&T S3 and went to the Sprint store, only to find out it was WiFi only.

Sprint did the same thing last year with the Gear S2 - they stocked the watches after everyone else and it was just the WiFi/BT version. 😧

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Sprint did the same thing last year with the Gear S2 - they stocked the watches after everyone else and it was just the WiFi/BT version. ??????

What is worse is the fact that I was dealing with a Sprint rep who was clueless. I asked him 5 times that I needed the 4G version and not WiFi only. He assured me it was 4G, so I returned my AT&T version, paid a $45 restocking fee and purchased the watch. As I was walking out, it struck me odd how fast the process was. So I looked at the bottom and did not find a MEID number. That is when I noticed.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What is worse is the fact that I was dealing with a Sprint rep who was clueless. I asked him 5 times that I needed the 4G version and not WiFi only. He assured me it was 4G, so I returned my AT&T version, paid a $45 restocking fee and purchased the watch. As I was walking out, it struck me odd how fast the process was. So I looked at the bottom and did not find a MEID number. That is when I noticed.

That sucks I would like the lte version. But since i am never without my phone. The bt one will be OK

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Sprint was always two steps behind. I switched to TMO a couple of years ago and I've been happy ever since.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The only thing showing on Sprint.com is a replacement Gear S3 band. Nothing else. I've been harassing them for weeks asking questions about this great watch, and have been flat out told NO they are not carrying the LTE.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I went to my local Sprint on Saturday to see if they had any. They did not but could order me one. She only had the information for the BT Frontier. It was 299.00. I asked her if she was sure of that price since everyone else had it for 349.00. She showed me the screen and sure enough it said 299.00. I asked if they had a display because I had not seen one in real life before and wanted to see one before I purchased one. They did not so I went to a BestBuy on Sunday to look at it and really liked it. So I went back to Sprint today and not only had the price gone up to 359.00, they could not special order one. Really, can't even order it. I was so frustrated, I was sooo looking forward to getting it in a few days!!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be a Sprint pattern

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, if you're in the NYC area the Sprint Store on 86th & Lexington has some Bluetooth/Wifi Frontiers in stock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol