Where is tmobile numbersync?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if enough of us complain about it will they bring into fruition. They probably didn't see an overwhelming demand for it and in turn didn't go through with their plans.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Eventually, all carriers will provide the ability to sync our number across multiple devices. For those that can't wait, there are call forwarding services capable of this function. Google Voice does this exceedingly well.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Eventually, all carriers will provide the ability to sync our number across multiple devices. For those that can't wait, there are call forwarding services capable of this function. Google Voice does this exceedingly well.
The problem isn't with the call forwarding. It's the true sync aspect that is lacking. If you make a call from the watch it will still use your standard number and not the Google voice one. We just want a seamless solution where no matter if we initiate calls or texts from our watches that it will always display or mobile number to the recipients.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The problem isn't with the call forwarding. It's the true sync aspect that is lacking. If you make a call from the watch it will still use your standard number and not the Google voice one. We just want a seamless solution where no matter if we initiate calls or texts from our watches that it will always display or mobile number to the recipients.
I understand the attractiveness that the simplicity of NumberSync offers. Unfortunately, the availability of it on T-Mobile or Verizon is outside of our control. I'm merely informing folks who may not know that the same end can be achieved with GV. Namely, calls and texts initiated on the watch can preserve the caller ID. It's a hassle to setup, because the work that's done automatically by the GV app needs to be manually setup. GV assigns each contact a unique number and calls or texts placed to that number will show your GV ID. These numbers need to be saved on the device and used instead of their regular number. If you want step by step instructions on how to do this let me know, otherwise I'll refrain from taking the time to write a lengthy post.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The GV method works for incoming & outgoing calls, but I think SMS messages from the S3 will still come from the watch's #, since the S3 is lacking the GV SMS client?

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The GV method works for incoming & outgoing calls, but I think SMS messages from the S3 will still come from the watch's #, since the S3 is lacking the GV SMS client?
Nothing in my previous post was speculation.
Google Voice users can achieve the same result as NumberSync, its just more complicated to setup. There is no GV app for Tizen. Some folks are using Hangouts and getting notifications pushed through from their phone. This will of course preserve the CID. I don't know the specifics (since I'm doing it as described in my previous post) but between AC and XDA forums I'm sure the details can be found.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Please do tell how to do the numbersync equivalent with GV. I very much want to implement this.
Numbersync is limited to a few devices and only on AT&T. T-Mobile''s Digits is more versatile, modeled after Google Voice. Its a virtual number that can be forwarded to multiple landline, cellular, or VoIP numbers. Messages are server based and accessible across platforms. It works on any device and any carrier.

My GV number is my only public number. Incoming calls and texts can go simultaneously to my cell phone, tablet, dumb phone, computer, and watch. How this is done depends on whether there is an app available for the device. If there is no app, then simple call forwarding is used. For Android and iOS devices, the process is more seamless since Hangouts can be used. Since the S3 runs Tizen, there's no app, but it does pass through Hangouts
notifications.

My S3 number is among the listed numbers in GV settings, so calls are forwarded directly to the watch. I've entered the GV alias numbers for each of my contracts, so outgoing calls or texts use my GV ID without needing my watch paired to my phone. If your watch is always connected to your phone, this isn't a concern.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Just one more clarification to add to my previous post. Call forwarding with Google Voice is completely independent from any options listed on the watch, phone, or carrier. There's no configuration needed and it has no impact on the battery.

Jeff Swicegood

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I see. I have all the pieces in place now. And thank you Pookie for the heads up on DIGITS. One more question. did you replace the real number in Google Contacts with the alias? Because then you would loose the real number from your collection. Also how do you contact someone in this scheme who has never texted or called your GV number, thus never generating an alias?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech