Group texts on Gear S3 - Help

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I posted this in my "wish list & Gear S3 issues" thread, but then I figured I'd ask it here because maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have an S7 Edge and I'm using standard Samsung Messaging app. You'd think this would work best with the Samsung Gear S3. But I've found it troublesome. Especially when it comes to group texts. Is there a way to see a group text that comes in so I know it's from a group and not just the individual that sent it within that group? And when I respond, is there a way to respond to the group and not just to that individual? Right now if person A, B, and C are in a group text and I person B sends a message to all of us, it comes to my watch as a text from just person B, and when I respond it goes to just person B. Not the group. Any way to fix that?

I have several other issues as you can see from the thread link above but even still this watch is amazing. Despite these little annoyances which disrupt the clean and well thought out UI and functionality.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to see group texts fixed or work better. I tried the Verizon messaging+ app too from the watch but it's ui (notifications) don't really work on the watch, so I blocked the message+ notifications as dups.. The S3 text app ui for non groups is not bad. Overall I've had the same experience as you describe... Haven't found any solution yet.. Probably good for us to get this visible in Samsung so they can make it better.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. I wish I knew who to contact. But sometimes I feel like I'd be screaming underwater and no one up in Samsung would hear. I actually did email my wish list in my original post to their smartwatch support on their site...but I didn't know if I was sending it to the right place so who knows.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01