Can't control Google Music from S3 Frontier LTE

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When I play music on my phone through Google Music, I can't seem to control it, skip tracks, increase volume, pause etc. When I load the music app, it seems to be going into a Samsung Music app on the watch. This is with the LTE version of the Frontier S3 on T-Mobile.

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
When I play music on my phone through Google Music, I can't seem to control it, skip tracks, increase volume, pause etc. When I load the music app, it seems to be going into a Samsung Music app on the watch. This is with the LTE version of the Frontier S3 on T-Mobile.

Have you confirmed the watch is set to focus on your phone and not the watch itself?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you confirmed the watch is set to focus on your phone and not the watch itself?

Thanks for that. How do I do that? I've tried to look for this in the Watch settings on the watch and in Gear app on the phone, but can't find the setting.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
When you are on the music widget screen you should see an icon on the top right. It it looks like a watch then you are controlling music on the watch itself if you tap it and it shows something that looks sorta like a phone then you would be controlling the music on the phone instead. Good luck. I have the t-mobile frontier and it works fine on mine.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When you are on the music widget screen you should see an icon on the top right. It it looks like a watch then you are controlling music on the watch itself if you tap it and it shows something that looks sorta like a phone then you would be controlling the music on the phone instead. Good luck. I have the t-mobile frontier and it works fine on mine.

Thanks a lot. That solved it. I had that icon on the watch and when I clicked on it, it changed to the phone, which sorted it out. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles