to those new to samsung pay after getting the S3.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking it compared to android pay. Which do you like better.

What are the reactions from people when you pay With your watch.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Used it yesterday for the first time worked really fast. today I went to supermarket and the girl looked at me like I was crazy said I was the first one she saw using a watch and that must be expensive lol

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love using Samsung Pay on the watch because I don't have to worry about turning NFC on and off. I didn't feel secure leaving it on on my phone and I was also worried that it might use more battery on the phone. Just works better with the watch.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
For most folks, smartwatches do not have a compelling use yet. Mobile pay is one of the usage scenarios that has the potential to become compelling for smartwatches because it's unquestionably more convenient than pulling out a wallet. S Pay with MST will be a game changer if Samsung plays it's cards right.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Crazy fast. Used it a few times. Hold button, select card, hit pay. Boom. Done. First time using Samsung pay as I don't have a Sammy phone so I can't really compare that but it's fast.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i do it "clandestine-like",

Don't want any "neighboring nosy ppl" thinking they can "mug me in the parking lot & steal my watch!"... WE KNOW it won't work the second you remove it from your wrist, but a "would be muggerr" DOESN'T know that, so i'm "careful".......

Once I use it, the cashier will start to say something, and i just put my finger up to my lips and do the "Shhhhh" motion and smile & say ty! : )

BTC

Last edited:

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Honestly i do it "clandestine-like",

Don't want any "neighboring nosy ppl" thinking they can "mug me in the parking lot & steal my watch!"... WE KNOW it won't work the second you remove it from your wrist, but a "would be muggerr" DOESN'T know that, so i'm "careful".......

Once I use it, the cashier will start to say something, and i just put my finger up to my lips and do the "Shhhhh" motion and smile & say ty! : )

BTC

Probably a good idea. Although anyone watching behind you in line would have seen you pay so I dunno if it matters that much. Better safe than sorry though.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably a good idea. Although anyone watching behind you in line would have seen you pay so I dunno if it matters that much. Better safe than sorry though.

yeah, even when i used to use my phone i would try to be discreet but having a big honking phone it wasn't always easy... with the watch, ppl really don't notice becuz its soooo :::quick::::!

its still kinda new so u haven't really heard of any incidents, but i can see the headlines now, "person robbed in parking lot AFTER using Samsung Pay at checkout"... (Poor Sammy...Just what they need after Note 7 debacle...oy!)

BTC

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm new to Samsung Pay, since I've been using it profusely on my Note 5 and S7 Edge (and my Note 7, until the explosion problem and subsequent two recalls). A few observations in no particular order.

1. I wouldn't say it's faster in terms of response time for either MST or NFC, it seems to be more or less as fast as using the phone though. I suppose it's quicker in the sense that I don't need to take my phone out of my pocket though, which is a definite advantage.

2. I was pleasantly surprised to find that purchases made via my watch DO count towards Samsung Rewards point. I'm not sure how closely tied Samsung Pay is on my phone and watch, so this was a concern.

3. I was not-so-pleasantly surprised to find, however, that other promotions do not work. Samsung Pay recently had a Chase card promotion which rewarded spenders with $15 on our Samsung Rewards card after three purchases with a Chase card. I noticed that purchases with my watch didn't count towards this total.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with Samsung Pay's implementation on the Gear S3. I've been annoyed with Samsung because they advertised this on the Gear S2, then took almost a year to roll it out. But their good work here mollifies me, to some extent.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah, even when i used to use my phone i would try to be discreet but having a big honking phone it wasn't always easy... with the watch, ppl really don't notice becuz its soooo :::quick::::!

its still kinda new so u haven't really heard of any incidents, but i can see the headlines now, "person robbed in parking lot AFTER using Samsung Pay at checkout"... (Poor Sammy...Just what they need after Note 7 debacle...oy!)

BTC

Heard that. Looking forward to trying it out soon. If I can find a watch lol.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just installed it on my watch and I have a nexus 6p. I added my card fine and it got verified, but I thought samsung pay didn't work on the S3 w/ out a Samsung Phone yet? I haven't attempted to use it because I'm worried I'll look like an ***** lol.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Felt like the Samsung commercial went into a small icecream parlor and tried to pay with watch. Three young girls kept telling me that it won't work and I said let me try and sure enough it worked and the girls were like wow.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I just installed it on my watch and I have a nexus 6p. I added my card fine and it got verified, but I thought samsung pay didn't work on the S3 w/ out a Samsung Phone yet? I haven't attempted to use it because I'm worried I'll look like an ***** lol.
I have a nexus 6P. Samsung pay works just fine. Update came about a week ago to allow non-sammy phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38