Can't get my pulse unless I tighten it to uncomfortable levels

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks:

My Apple Watch would regularly check my heart rate without it having to be uncomfortably tight around my wrist, but with the S3 Frontier, I'm finding the continuous heartbeat feature worthless because I have to tighten it so much to get it to work.

It keeps telling me that I need to clean the sensor. But it has done that since it was new out of the box.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
It sounds to me like you may have a defective watch. Mine will pick up my heart rate even when it is loose enough to where I can force it to spin on my wrist.

I assume you removed the protective sticker on the back of the watch...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the S3 but I have a Gear S watch. The sensor would rarely work on my left wrist unless I tightened up like you have said. On my right wrist, it would always work. Not sure why but it doesn't sound like anything is wrong with yours, it's just the sensor has to be able to "read" your wrist correctly.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I could never get my original Gear S to give me a reliable heart rate reading on either wrist, my gear S2 was only marginally better.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had no issues.. Watch snug but no where near too tight.. Worked fine with one setting looser too (at which point the band can slide on my wrist)

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd unit now and still having the same issue

You likely don't have a very palpable heart rate on your wrist or it's in a slightly different place than most. That plus the sensor probably isn't as sensitive or as wide as on other watches that have worked for you before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza