How to Block Spam (or any unwanted) Callers

AL904

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the AT&T Samsung Gear S3 LTE, and got my first spam call this afternoon. I tried to figure out how to block future calls from that number, did a little online research, etc, but can't figure out how to do that.

I did find the following on Page 78 of the manual:

Call
Change the call feature settings.
1. From the Apps screen, rotate the bezel to
Settings.
2. Tap Call and select an option:
• Auto call forwarding: Forward calls from your smartphone to your Gear.
• Outgoing number: Display your Gear's outgoing number.
• Voice answer: Set your Gear to answer or reject calls using voice commands.
• Show my caller ID: Set up your caller ID.
• Call waiting: Manage call waiting settings.
• Voicemail: Access and customize your voicemail.
• Block list: View and edit blocked numbers.

However, I can't figure out how to block a number. There isn't an option to add a number from settings. In the Phone call list on the watch, tapping the 3-dot icon on the right of that call only gives me the option to delete that call from my call list.

Can anyone help?

TIA

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have no suggestions on how to block numbers on the S3, unfortunately. Just a reminder to add your new watch number to the Do Not Call registry if you haven't done so already.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to the phone app, tap the number in the call log, then hit the 3 dots and you get the option to add to block list. At least that's how my s2 3g works.

AL904

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Go to the phone app, tap the number in the call log, then hit the 3 dots and you get the option to add to block list. At least that's how my s2 3g works.

I tried tapping on the 3 dots. It brings up a screen with just an option to delete that number from your call list.

Just a reminder to add your new watch number to the Do Not Call registry if you haven't done so already.

Great idea! I hadn't thought about doing that. I added my watch's number to that directory this morning. However, I've added other numbers to that directory, and it doesn't seem to help much.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you tap the number first? You have to be on the screen with the number and the call/text buttons to get the block list option on mine. Otherwise I only get the delete option as well.

Edit: Screen-20161206092130.png
You have to be on this screen.

Last edited: