Pairing s3 Frontier with Phone Crashes Email on Phone

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use a Microsoft (live.com) email account. I have had this email address for a long time and don't want to have to change. I've never had a problem in the past with setting up the Microsoft exchange on the default email app on my Note 5. I just don't like the Outlook app and never saw a need to use it. My s3 Frontier arrived yesterday and as soon as it paired with my phone, all of my emails disappeared, as did my contacts, and sitting in my inbox is an email stating that I was almost done setting up my Microsoft account by installing the Outlook app. Nothing I tried brought my emails back other than using the Outlook app. I wasn't sure what the cause was at the time so I did a factory reset on my phone, set everything back up and made sure that my email was working again. Everything was good. Then I relaunched my s3 and paired the two together again. As soon as they paired, I saw the same thing happen to my email as before, confirming that it has something to do with the watch.

Whatever this is, I can't get my email working again simply by unpairing the watch. I have to rest my phone and start over again. Has anyone else had a problem with their watch pairing breaking their email or am I missing something?

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
ACtually i had something similiar happening yesterday, but didn't realise it was the watch.

So I was testing a TypeApp email app and set up my Outlook.com address as exchenge, everything went fine but I only could see the same email from Microsoft "Your email is not functioning" or something. I opened the email and there was a link at the end which said something like "press here if you do now want to use the outlook app". After that email came through fine and it synced all my old emails back.

I am using a Pixel XL and use Nine for my exchange account (work and outlook.com). Don't know about the default Samsung email, which i haven't ever used (as it is totally rubbish for my usage)

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did a reset on my phone and got everything back to normal then re-paired the watch. Got that weird email again and everything went away but I saw the message at the end this time that was similar to yours. clicked on that link and all my emails came back and everything synced up again. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta