Spotify Demo and Review! But there is a catch Premium accounts only

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hasn't that always been the case with mobile Spotify? I stopped using it years ago because it wasn't worth the paid subscription and there was no mobile free option.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Spotify is still one of the best ones out thwre. And it doesn't have stupid deaithorize limit for devices like crappy Play Music does etc

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not saying Spotify or any particular music application is better than another but with many music applications that offer a premium subscrption, it seems worth it to pay a reasonable monthly fee to have unlimited skips and commercial free streaming. Even free Pandora has limited skips and commercials.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Not saying Spotify or any particular music application is better than another but with many music applications that offer a premium subscrption, it seems worth it to pay a reasonable monthly fee to have unlimited skips and commercial free streaming. Even free Pandora has limited skips and commercials.

Turn the radio on? Why would anyone pay for one of these music streaming apps? I don't see a need to constantly be paying for all these things we can get free, such as music.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
"Free" music comes at the expense of hearing a lot of commercials and dealing with radio "personalities" chatting away on their morning shows. Or during the day hearing the same rotation of songs that are popular at the moment, sprinkled in with those dreaded commercials. No thanks. I rather stream music or listen to digital play lists already loaded into my Pioneer deck.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is free. After having tried them all I like Spotify a lot and find it is the best for me. It's so worth it to me to be able to skip and listen ad-free. I use it daily in my vehicle, home, etc. Got rid of Sirius ages ago. I have a "Premium for Family" account for $14.99 per month which allows up to 5 separate accounts that I share with friends/family. That comes out to $3.00 per person/per month.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Nothing is free. After having tried them all I like Spotify a lot and find it is the best for me. It's so worth it to me to be able to skip and listen ad-free. I use it daily in my vehicle, home, etc. Got rid of Sirius ages ago. I have a "Premium for Family" account for $14.99 per month which allows up to 5 separate accounts that I share with friends/family. That comes out to $3.00 per person/per month.

Actually Pandora IS free.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
No. It is supported by commercial ads and has a limited number of skips per day. Does your "free" version not play ads at all and allow unlimited skips? It's been about a year or so since I tried out Pandora. Maybe things have changed.

Again... Pandora IS free. Not sure how limited skips or ads make it any less free.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Again... Pandora IS free. Not sure how limited skips or ads make it any less free.
Yeah, you don't pay anything, but they make their money by making you listen to ads. Personally, I can't deal with that. Much rather pay to have ad free and listen to whatever I want, not just what comes on the station. I've got Spotify and GPM.

Last edited:

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I use non-paid Pandora as well, but there's no such thing as "free". You may not be paying money, but someone somewhere is. The only question is whether the things that are required to make it free to you are worth dealing with or you'd prefer to pay to avoid them.

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Tried the Spotify app on my gear and it's really poor. There's no way of controlling volume from your watch! Also no offline mode. Had to cancel and will continue with Google play via the stock app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995