Condition the battery?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No. Under no circumstances should conditioning be done to any happen to any modern device with a lithium battery. It's better to have it topped off than low, but it's ideal to keep it between 40% and 80% as much as possible. Shallow charging good, deep discharge and full charge bad.

Last edited:

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it's more about conditioning the watches software. The great things Samsung has achieved is learning your routines and adjusting the watch accordingly. I've read from XDA and here, that you should charge the watch to 100% right off the bat. People who didn't, found that they were having shorter battery life, those that did were having no issues. I believe on here, one gentleman didn't charge right off the bat and had terrible battery life for a day or two, decided to hard reset and take off at 100% and his experience changed.

I could be wrong, but this is information from multiple resources, so take it with a grain of salt.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually, it's more about conditioning the watches software. The great things Samsung has achieved is learning your routines and adjusting the watch accordingly. I've read from XDA and here, that you should charge the watch to 100% right off the bat. People who didn't, found that they were having shorter battery life, those that did were having no issues. I believe on here, one gentleman didn't charge right off the bat and had terrible battery life for a day or two, decided to hard reset and take off at 100% and his experience changed.

I could be wrong, but this is information from multiple resources, so take it with a grain of salt.

I did charge it to 100% to begin with ;)

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site

I've seen the same advice and had success using it. The software takes a few days to maximize battery life and will take another few days if you make a big change to routine like switching from BT to LTE as your normal connection, but starting at 100% before setup is best.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As anxious as I am to jump right in and start learning (playing with) my devices, I always follow the instruction to fully charge the device before I begin to use it. And I usually run the battery down to 5-10% before I charge it the next time. I've never had a problem with my batteries...even high quality 3rd party batteries.

kelqwe

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I've found that it took several days to a week of usage before the battery life prediction in the gear app was accurate. I regularly get at least 3 days out of mine but when fully charged it states just under 2 days remaining. 1483611862749.jpg

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I have never conditioned my battery on any device I have ever owned and never had a problem. Many of the things you should supposedly do are myths, just enjoy your watch and don't worry about the battery