software version number, multiple taps.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile s3 frontier . I noticed when I tap the software version in the about gear section of the watch it brings up a dial pad. Anyone know what this is?. No enter button or anything just can input numbers. Nothing happens. Thx in advance. Gotta press it fast many times like the software version Easter eggs in android.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile s3 frontier . I noticed when I tap the software version in the about gear section of the watch it brings up a dial pad. Anyone know what this is?. No enter button or anything just can input numbers. Nothing happens. Thx in advance. Gotta press it fast many times like the software version Easter eggs in android.

Are you sure that's not the number pad for entering your 4-digit security code?

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Positive it's not. My code doesn't work it's a completely different dial type keyboard pad /also. Try it just tap software version a few times till it pops up. I do have the code pad set up for Samsung pay which h turns on after i take watch off ,but this is different . It's a blue keyboard and you can hit numbers n letters endlessly with no results . I'll try to screen shot and upload here if I can . https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bEQ3VExlTmVxQ05lWXdVUEltOHRLSXB0MC1VQk9B sweet it worked. THIS, is what pops up when u go into your settings on the gear s3 and go to about device and click more than a few times on the software version. Thx again.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Positive it's not. My code doesn't work it's a completely different dial type keyboard pad /also. Try it just tap software version a few times till it pops up. I do have the code pad set up for Samsung pay which h turns on after i take watch off ,but this is different . It's a blue keyboard and you can hit numbers n letters endlessly with no results . I'll try to screen shot and upload here if I can . https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bEQ3VExlTmVxQ05lWXdVUEltOHRLSXB0MC1VQk9B sweet it worked. THIS, is what pops up when u go into your settings on the gear s3 and go to about device and click more than a few times on the software version. Thx again.

Wish I can answer the reason why but I can't! Just tried it on mine (non Lte version) got the same dial pad.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Sounds possible. I hit it at least 3 times. I have tried many different numbers and nothing happens. So idk.

TJAmway

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hey All, I've got the answer! I bumped into that dial pad myself, snooping around on my S3 Classic. That pad allows you to enter the Samsung test code. Once entered you can run the many available tests for screen color, sound, rotary function, vibration etc. For $10 I'll tell you what it is... Ha. It is *#0*#
Enter that and play around. Oh, and same code works for same function on Samsung phones - not sure what other models, but definitely on S7 and S7 Edge. Enjoy!